Student Chapter Resources and Benefits
The following benefits are available to all types of ACM Student Chapters; they include:
- Administrative Interface - allowing you to manage your chapter’s member roster, update your chapter’s contact information, and much more!
- Chapter Web Tools – ACM offers Chapters the following web tools: website hosting, wikis and blogs. For more information please go to: http://www.acm.org/chapters/chapter-web-tools
- Local Activities Calendar – You can let chapter members, ACM members, and other computing professionals, know about your upcoming events: http://campus.acm.org/public/chapters_conf_cal/index.cfm
- Chapter Member Locator - If a group of chapter organizers do not have enough members (10 in total are needed), ACM will send a message to a selected group of ACM members that might be interested in helping to start the Chapter. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this service.
- ACM Distinguished Speakers Program – The ACM Distinguished Speaker Program is one of the premier technology outreach programs in the computing industry. The ACM DSP has over 250 lectures from nearly 100 different speakers! For more information, please visit: http://www.dsp.acm.org/
- UPE/ACM Student Chapter Scholarship Award - Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the Honorary Computer Science Society, and ACM encourage academic excellence for students in the computing discipline. UPE initiated this award with ACM to raise the importance of academic achievement and professional commitment in our future computer professionals. Up to two awards of $1,000 each are given from UPE each year to competition winners. Winners also receive a certificate of commendation.
- ACM Student Chapter Excellence Program - This program recognizes outstanding ACM student chapters in several categories. Chapters that display considerable initiative during the academic year are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit: http://www.acm.org/chapters/student-chapter-excellence-awards
- Promotional Materials - ACM can provide Chapters with materials for Chapter events: http://campus.acm.org/public/profqj/promotional_materials.cfm
You can use your technical skills for social good and offer volunteer support on software development projects to organizations who could not otherwise afford it. SocialCoder connects volunteer programmers/software developers with registered charities and helps match them to suitable projects based on their skills, experience, and the causes they care about. Learn more about ACM’s new partnership with SocialCoder, and how you can get involved.
ACM is a volunteer-led and member-driven organization. Everything ACM accomplishes is through the efforts of people like you. A wide range of activities keep ACM moving, including organizing conferences, editing journals, reviewing papers and participating on boards and committees, to name just a few. Find out all the ways that you can volunteer with ACM.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.