Student Chapter Resources and Benefits
The following benefits are available to all types of ACM Student Chapters; they include:
- Administrative Interface - allowing you to manage your chapter’s member roster, update your chapter’s contact information, and much more!
- Chapter Web Tools – ACM offers Chapters the following web tools: website hosting, wikis and blogs. For more information please go to: http://www.acm.org/chapters/chapter-web-tools
- Local Activities Calendar – You can let chapter members, ACM members, and other computing professionals, know about your upcoming events: http://campus.acm.org/public/chapters_conf_cal/index.cfm
- Chapter Member Locator - If a group of chapter organizers do not have enough members (10 in total are needed), ACM will send a message to a selected group of ACM members that might be interested in helping to start the Chapter. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this service.
- ACM Distinguished Speakers Program – The ACM Distinguished Speaker Program is one of the premier technology outreach programs in the computing industry. The ACM DSP has over 250 lectures from nearly 100 different speakers! For more information, please visit: http://www.dsp.acm.org/
- UPE/ACM Student Chapter Scholarship Award - Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the Honorary Computer Science Society, and ACM encourage academic excellence for students in the computing discipline. UPE initiated this award with ACM to raise the importance of academic achievement and professional commitment in our future computer professionals. Up to two awards of $1,000 each are given from UPE each year to competition winners. Winners also receive a certificate of commendation.
- ACM Student Chapter Excellence Program - This program recognizes outstanding ACM student chapters in several categories. Chapters that display considerable initiative during the academic year are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit: http://www.acm.org/chapters/student-chapter-excellence-awards
- Promotional Materials - ACM can provide Chapters with materials for Chapter events: http://campus.acm.org/public/profqj/promotional_materials.cfm
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from Safari, online courses from Skillsoft, webinars on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
ACM is a volunteer-led and member-driven organization. Everything ACM accomplishes is through the efforts of people like you. A wide range of activities keep ACM moving, including organizing conferences, editing journals, reviewing papers and participating on boards and committees, to name just a few. Find out all the ways that you can volunteer with ACM.