August 23, 2012: ACM Relaunches Online Course Program with More Targeted IT and Business Content from Skillsoft
Thursday, August 23, 2012
In response to member feedback, we have revamped our ACM Learning Center online course collection. Our new collection is hosted by Skillsoft and served through the Skillport Learning Management System. Here are a few of the reasons you'll want to check out the new offering:
Award-Winning, Proven Model
- Skillsoft is an industry-leading provider of online training and professional development in today's most in-demand IT and business skills.
- SkillSoft's proven instructional design model facilitates learning and retention, as well as transfer of knowledge to the job, drawing heavily from adult learning principles that emphasize learner initiative, self-management, and experiential learning.
- More targeted IT and business coverage, including training for programming, Web design and development, cloud computing, databases, networks and operating systems, as well as cybersecurity, business intelligence, IT infrastructure management, and project management.
- More current industry technologies and standards such as Java SE 7, CISSP 2012, and Oracle 11g, as well as EMC, VMware, and SAP technologies.
- Your Skillsoft login now provides access to both books and courses, since Skillsoft serves both courses and our Books 24x7 program through the Skillport learning portal.
- Search across book and course content by topic within Skillport and get to your professional development assets faster.
- Many certification-track courses include mentoring through live chat and email by certified subject area experts. Learn more about mentoring here.
- Member feedback responses with periodic course exchange to ensure that our collection reflects the changing needs of practitioners. You can specificy courses you'd like to see through the ACM Learning Center Suggestion Box.
- Continued access to course assessments and offline learning with the Skillsoft Course Manager.