ACM Accepting Nominations for Awards Honoring Excellence in Computing, IT
Wide Range of Achievements Eligible for Prestigious Recognition and Rewards
The Association for Computing Machinery
Advancing Computing as a Science & Profession
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Virginia Gold
September 17, 2008
ACM is accepting nominations for its 2008 Awards Program, which celebrates achievements in a broad range of disciplines within the computing and information technology community. Among these prestigious awards and their monetary rewards are the A.M. Turing Award with a cash reward of $250,000, and the recently announced ACM-Infosys Foundation Award, with a cash reward of $150,000. For each of the 12 ACM awards, select committees staffed by prominent technology professionals and educators evaluate the respective nominations through a rigorous review process. Recipients are announced early in 2009 and invited to a gala banquet in the spring to honor their individual contributions.
- WHO: ACM, the Association for Computing Machinery
- WHAT: ACM Awards Program accepting nominations for 12 awards in computing and IT
- WHERE: Submit nominations to chairs of individual awards committees. See http://awards.acm.org/html/award_nominations.cfm for name/contact information and descriptions of awards and nomination requirements
- WHEN: Deadline for nominations is November 30, 2008*
- WHY: ACM's Awards Program underscores its mission to advance computing as a science and a profession. Nominating colleagues and peers is an excellent opportunity to acknowledge those whose technology contributions have impacted our world in profound and positive ways.
* Exceptions are the ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award and the SIAM/ACM Award in Computational Science and Engineering, which are due September 30, 2008.
ACM, the Association for Computing Machinery www.acm.org, is the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, uniting computing educators, researchers and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources and address the field's challenges. ACM strengthens the computing profession's collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of technical excellence. ACM supports the professional growth of its members by providing opportunities for life-long learning, career development, and professional networking.
# # #