MobiSys 2013 Media Advisory
The Association for Computing Machinery
Advancing Computing as a Science & Profession
TAIPEI, TAIWAN - For Release June 4, 2013
ACM CONFERENCE ON MOBILE SYSTEMS FEATURES ADVANCES
THAT ARE CHANGING THE WORLD
Keynote Speaker Explains Why One-Year-Olds Can Navigate Touch Screens
Speakers, Videos, Posters, Demos, and Panels include:
- Alerting Drowsy, Distracted Drivers via Dual Cameras on Smartphones
- Self-Updating Maps for Cloud and Personal Use
- Optimizing Background Email Sync on Smartphones
- Bringing Contextual Ads to Mobile Apps
- Retrofitting Android Apps
- Synthesizing Smartphone Automation Scripts from Natural Language
- Participatory Sensing and Crowd Management in Public Spaces
- Secure Password Entry for Touchscreen Devices
- Leveraging Protocol Signatures for Improving Wireless Link Performance
- Building a Mood Sensor from Smartphone Usage Patterns
- Local Cellular Network Services in Remote Areas
WHEN: June 25-28 - Complimentary press registration (except meals)
WHERE: Sheraton Grande, 12 Zhongxiao East Road, Taipei Sec.1, Taiwan R.O.C., 100
WHO: Keynote Speaker - Patrick Baudisch, Hasso Plattner Institute
June 26: The evolution of user interface research and what may be missing – Prototypes of custom hardware devices that unify the virtual world of computers with the physical world of the user.
WHY: Mobisys ’13 features video-enhanced paper sessions on vehicular systems, mobile ads, location, interface design, and mobile/wireless networking. The “Untold Story” session highlights deployments in the real world that might change the world. See the hands-on, do-it-yourself spirit of the community and an invited tutorial on mobile location sensing.
ACM, the Association for Computing Machinery www.acm.org, is the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society, uniting computing educators, researchers and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources and address the field’s challenges. ACM strengthens the computing profession’s collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of technical excellence. ACM supports the professional growth of its members by providing opportunities for life-long learning, career development, and professional networking.
About ACM SIGMOBILE
SIGMOBILE promotes research and development by bringing together researchers and practitioners and fostering interest in the mobility of systems, users, data, and computing. Its activities aim to expand the evolution of portable computers and wireless networks; support the convergence of mobility, computing, and information organization; and improve access, services, management, and applications for mobile computing and communications.
For More Information:
Virginia Gold firstname.lastname@example.org 011 1 212-626-0505
# # #