Section 3.7 Guidelines for Equipment Purchases
Conference Manual Section No. 3.7 GUIDELINES FOR EQUIPMENT PURCHASES
Section No. 3.7
GUIDELINES FOR EQUIPMENT PURCHASES
Fixed Assets (or Capital Equipment) consist of personal computers, laptops, printers, copiers, fax machines and software. Purchasing of equipment requires that the expense be included in the SIG or Conference budget.
The Purpose of these guidelines follow:
- Ability to identify, track and control assets to gain maximum utilization of these assets.
- An added benefit is the "corporate memory" useful for conference organizers' purposes. Equipment under the custodianship of volunteers and contractors must be inventoried and tracked.
- ACM must be informed when equipment is purchased.
- These guidelines apply to all activities.
- When the equipment is no longer needed it should be returned to the ACM Office of IS. The volunteer custodian should notify their SIG Staff Liaison, who will notify the Office of IS. ACM will coordinate with the appropriate volunteer the shipping of this equipment to ACM HQ.
Approval Requirements follow:
A. Purchases up to $10,000:
Tracked by ACM Financial Services and maintained in the HQ fixed assets register. Purchases would be approved by the appropriate staff or volunteers and then inform ACM Financial Services who would place in the fixed assets register.
B. Purchases over $10,000:
Governed by appropriate ACM Policies and Procedures Guidelines for contracts. Purchases by ACM Officers, Boards and SIG organizations are approved by Unit Heads. Purchases by conferences require ACM review and appropriate approvals.
(Refer to ACM Policy and Procedures; section 220.127.116.11 for details)
The "Equipment Notification Form" should be used when informing ACM of purchases. Please enter the CONFERENCE or OTHER reporting unit, NAME of the conference officer or other administrator, TITLE of reporting person, DESCRIPTION of equipment purchased, MODEL#, SERIAL# and NAME of custodian. Then attach a copy of the appropriate purchase invoice.
EQUIPMENT NOTIFICATION FORM
Send To: ACM SIG Financial Reporting, c/o Fixed Asset Administrator, 2 Penn Plaza, Suite 701 New York, NY 10121-0701 USA
From: Conference Name or Other Reporting Unit
Name: Conference Officer or Other Administrator
Title: Conference Chair, Treasurer or Other Administrator
Description of Equipment Purchased: Printer, Computer, etc.
Name of Custodian:
Attach copy of equipment purchase invoice. (hardware, software, etc.)
Date Revised: September 2006 by Fran Spinola