Section 5.1.2 Audio/Visuals Chair
Conference Manual Section No. 5.1.2 ACM CONFERENCE COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Section No. 5.1.2
ACM CONFERENCE COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Audio/Visuals Chair
Principle Contact: Operations Chair- Program Chair
Duration of Appointment: 12 - 20 months
Purpose: To oversee and supervise all A/V related activities. This includes supervision of the A/V firm or contractor(s) hired to perform A/V services for the conference.
- Participate in site inspection for any A/V requirements and constraints.
- Select consultants or volunteers who will perform A/V activities.
- Identify and select vendor(s) who will provide A/V equipment.
- Oversee and manage budget for A/V equipment, and all A/V venues.
- Coordinate inspection and quality control of equipment and all A/V venues.
- Oversee or arrange for labor; including scheduling.
- Oversee or arrange for shipment or transportation of equipment to and from conference.
- Oversee or arrange for storage and security of equipment throughout use.
- Approve or provide designs for room layouts. Arrange for or coordinate execution of these designs by hotel or convention center representatives.
- Coordinate speaker A/V requirements. This includes creating and distributing speaker and A/V guidelines and follow - up to insure needs are being met.
- Arrange for speaker rehearsal room set-up
- Serve as major liaison between all committee members in all A/V related matters.
- Attend all committee meetings as required.
- Prepare a final report summarizing A/V activities.
- Must have technical and practical knowledge of A/V equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of A/V vendors and management firms in conference location.
- Support for clerical needs for tracking speaker requests and handling follow-up with speakers.