Section 7.1.1 Exhibits Chair
Conference Manual Section No. 7.1.1 ACM CONFERENCE COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Section No. 7.1.1
ACM CONFERENCE COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: EXHIBITS CHAIR
Primary Contact: Conference Chair
Duration of Appointment: 12 to 20 months
Purpose: To oversee and/or carry out the staging and completion of an industry exhibition which supports the overall purpose of the conference.
- Select consultant or volunteers who will exhibits management.
- Oversee and manage budget for exhibits management.
- Oversee the sale of exhibit space. This includes seeking new exhibitors as well as who have previously participated.
- Oversee and approve all copy for informational materials created. This includes: exhibitor application forms and contracts (including rules and regulations): exhibits floorplan; exhibitors prospectus; exhibitors manual; exhibitors guide.
- Oversee and approve all copy for promotional materials created. This includes: Materials related to exhibit space sales: news releases and advertising copy.
- Oversee the arrangement of advertising space/booth space trades with professional journals and periodicals.
- Oversee the coordination and assignment of booth space.
- Oversee the selection and management of the decorator and drayage contractors.
- Oversee the Collection of all space rental fees from exhibitors and forwarding that income to the conference treasurer.
- Oversee the coordination of and planning of all exhibit hall preparations. This includes: physical layout, power supply, telephones, lighting, refreshment services, first aid, exhibitor registration areas, move-in and move-out activities.
- Oversee the arrangement of an exhibitors reception (if required).
- Serve as "On-Site Manager", responsible for all on-site decision making.