SIGCSE - Computer Science EducationJOIN
The ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education provides a forum for educators to discuss the problems concerned with the development, implementation, and/or evaluation of computing programs, curricula, and courses, as well as syllabi, laboratories, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy.
SIGCSE benefits for FY 2018:
Member Benefits provided to SIGCSE Members:
- 4 issues of ACM Inroads (magazine for the computing education community), either electronically or physically depending on the membership type
- An electronic archive of all SIGCSE publications including
- Proceedings of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium.
- Proceedings of the Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE) Conference.
- Proceedings of the International Computing Education Research (ICER) Conference.
- Working group reports from the ITiCSE conference.
- Quarterly newsletter, The SIGCSE Bulletin.
- Reduced registration rates for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Free access to SIGCSE publication archives through the ACM Digital Library, which includes proceedings of “in-cooperation” conferences.
- Access to the SIGCSEANNOUNCE and SIGCSEMEMBERS mailing lists.
- Opportunity to participate in SIGCSE committees on topics of current interest.
- Modest support for researchers who wish to investigate and introduce new ideas in the learning and teaching of computing through SIGCSE Special Project Grants.
- Opportunity to apply for travel support to attend the SIGCSE Technical Symposium through the Travel Grant program, assuming that the applicant is a faculty member or teacher and has never attended.
- Opportunity to network within a community of computing professionals.
Community Benefits provided by SIGCSE:
- Annual sponsorship of the SIGCSE, ITiCSE, and ICER conferences.
- Kids camp provided at annual SIGCSE Symposium.
- Working "in-cooperation" with numerous other conferences.
- Providing New Faculty Educator Workshop every other year at the SIGCSE Symposium.
- Providing Department Chairs Workshop every other year at the SIGCSE Symposium.
- Modest travel support for the dissemination of outstanding SIGCSE/ITiCSE/ICER presentations to other "in-cooperation" conferences.
- Sponsors an annual Doctoral Consortium.
- Annual Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Computer Science Education and for Lifetime Service.
- Contributions to all major curriculum task forces.
- Resources regarding computing education.
- Reports from SIGCSE committees on topics of general interest, such as teaching discrete mathematics and evidence-based instructional practices.
- Opportunity to build special communities related to computing education.