Education Policy Committee
The ACM Education Policy Committee is a high-level committee of acclaimed computer scientists and educators dedicated to improving opportunities for quality education in computer science and computing-related fields. The Education Policy Committee develops initiatives aimed at shaping education policies that impact the computing field. A primary goal of the EPC is to ensure that computer science education is recognized in educational initiatives at all levels of the educational pipeline.
The Education Policy Committee will engage educators, industry, policymakers, and the public on public policy issues in computer science and computing-related education. It will focus on steps to ensure that high-quality computer science education is identified as a critical component of education policy. The Education Policy Committee will:
- Review, research and gather data and information on issues that impact computer science and computing-related education in primary, secondary, and higher education systems
- Determine if current education policies and the education systems generally are adequately serving the computing field and recommend improvements
- Comment on proposals before governmental bodies that impact computer science education and the computing field
- Educate policymakers and the public on the foundational role and importance of computer science education, its importance as a core discipline within science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education, and its importance to the labor market and the economy
- Provide expertise on key computer science education policy issues to education, industry, and policy leaders