2018 ACM General Election Slate
In accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the ACM, the Nominating Committee hereby submits the following slate of nominees for ACM's officers. In addition to the officers of the ACM, two Members at Large will be elected.
The names of the candidates for each office are presented in random order below:
President (1 July 2018 — 30 June 2020):
- Jack Davidson, University of Virginia
- Cherri Pancake, Oregon State University
Vice President (1 July 2018 — 30 June 2020):
- Moshe Y. Vardi, Rice University
- Elizabeth Churchill, Google
Secretary/Treasurer (1 July 2018 — 30 June 2020):
- Yannis Ioannidis, "Athena" Research Center and University of Athens
- Mehran Sahami, Stanford University
Members at Large (1 July 2018 — 30 June 2022):
- Claudia Bauzer Medeiros, University of Campinas, Brazil
- Nenad Medvidović, University of Southern California
- P J Narayanan, IIIT Hyderabad
- Theo Schlossnagle, Circonus
The Constitution and Bylaws provide that candidates for elected offices of the ACM may also be nominated by petition of one percent of the Members who as of 1 November 2017 are eligible to vote for the nominee. Such petitions must be accompanied by a written declaration that the nominee is willing to stand for election. The number of Member signatures required for the offices of President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer and Members at Large, is 653.
The Bylaws provide that such petitions must reach the Elections Committee before 31 January 2018. Original petitions for ACM offices are to be submitted to the ACM Elections Committee, c/o Pat Ryan, COO, ACM Headquarters, 2 Penn Plaza, Suite 701, New York, NY 10121, USA, by 31 January 2018. Duplicate copies of the petitions should also be sent to the Chair of the Elections Committee, Gerry Segal, c/o ACM Headquarters. Statements and biographical sketches of all candidates will appear in the May 2018 issue of CACM.
The Nominating Committee would like to thank all those who helped us with their suggestions and advice.
Alexander L. Wolf, Chair