The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. We can however issue a visa support letter.
REQUESTING VISA SUPPORT LETTERS
- ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
- For visa support letters, refer all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.ACM suggests posting this address on the conference web-site. Those requesting a letter should allow 7-10 business days to receive it. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request.
For Visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services email@example.com
- Name (as it appears on attendee’s passport) and mailing address
- The name of the conference attendees is registering for
- Attendee’s registration confirmation number (if available) OR
- Authors may indicate their paper title. Speakers can provide the title of their talk.
- Include a fax number or email address of where letter can be sent
If an attendee requests a letter from the organizers (some embassies might require one), please contact your Conference Operations Liaison for a support letter template.
ACM does not provide letters for transport of vendor or presenter equipment.ACM suggests shipping the materials insured to the conference facility.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from Safari, online courses from Skillsoft, webinars on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
ACM is a volunteer-led and member-driven organization. Everything ACM accomplishes is through the efforts of people like you. A wide range of activities keep ACM moving, including organizing conferences, editing journals, reviewing papers and participating on boards and committees, to name just a few. Find out all the ways that you can volunteer with ACM.