Student Chapter Member Benefits
Individuals who are members of Chapters are known as ACM Chapter Members; ACM Chapter Members are eligible for the following set of member benefits:
- Complimentary Subscription to Communications - Chapter Members are eligible for a three-month complimentary electronic subscription to ACM’s flagship publication Communications of the ACM.
- acm.org email address – Chapter members are eligible for an “acm.org” email forwarding address with filtering.
- Receipt of ACM’s Popular E-Newsletters – TechNews, the latest news in computing, 3x weekly; CareerNews, the latest career and industry news, bi-monthly; and MemberNet, all about ACM people and events monthly.
- A full-year electronic subscription to XRDS, ACM's Student Magazine
- ACM Student Quick Takes (SQT) a quarterly email newsletter with each issue highlighting ACM activities, programs, and offerings of interest.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.
You can use your technical skills for social good and offer volunteer support on software development projects to organizations who could not otherwise afford it. SocialCoder connects volunteer programmers/software developers with registered charities and helps match them to suitable projects based on their skills, experience, and the causes they care about. Learn more about ACM’s new partnership with SocialCoder, and how you can get involved.