Student Chapter Member Benefits
Individuals who are members of Chapters are known as ACM Chapter Members; ACM Chapter Members are eligible for the following set of member benefits:
- Complimentary Subscription to Communications - Chapter Members are eligible for a three-month complimentary electronic subscription to ACM’s flagship publication Communications of the ACM.
- acm.org email address – Chapter members are eligible for an “acm.org” email forwarding address with filtering.
- Receipt of ACM’s Popular E-Newsletters – TechNews, the latest news in computing, 3x weekly; CareerNews, the latest career and industry news, bi-monthly; and MemberNet, all about ACM people and events monthly.
- A full-year electronic subscription to XRDS, ACM's Student Magazine
- ACM Student Quick Takes (SQT) a quarterly email newsletter with each issue highlighting ACM activities, programs, and offerings of interest.
The ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing is the premier venue for presenting research in the design and use of technologies that affect groups, organizations, communities, and networks. Keynote speakers are Google Data Editor Simon Rogers and Instagram Co-founder Mike Krieger.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Brian Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
The SIGCSE Technical Symposium addresses problems common among educators working to develop, implement and/or evaluate computing programs, curricula, and courses. Scheduled keynote speakers are John Sweller, Professor Emeritus at the University of New South Wales, and Karen Lee Ashcraft, an educational psychologist at the University of Colorado Boulder.