Doing PhD in Any Area of Computing? Need Feedback/Suggestions? Check out These #PhDClinic December Slots
December 1, 2020
Hope you are safe in these difficult times. Around 90 PhD students across India have interacted with mentors; we have added many amazing mentors onto the program. Some feedback by students who attended the PhD Clinic in November: "Session was very good. The way he explained his thought process behind writing his own paper was good. Definitely something to take forward from the session." "Mentor has put lights on the areas where I had doubts. It was a great session. He helped me to formalize the experiments and protocols to proceed with my project."
The purpose of the PhD Clinic is to help PhD students across the country to get feedback and suggestions on their work from subject matter experts. We believe having this third eye, in addition to the advisor(s), will give a great advantage to your research work. Any PhD student (not restricted to ACM members) can sign up for the Clinic. More information here.
Here are some slides on What Clinic Is (not), Why Clinic, Disclaimers, How It Will Work.
Below we list mentors along with their areas of work and affiliation; if you are interested in getting feedback, and having a discussion with any of them, please register here to interact with amazing mentors! (Again, ACM membership not required.)
- Dr. Siddhartha Asthana - Human Computer Interaction/ML - MasterCard
- Dr. Arun Babu - Software Engineering, Cybersecurity - ARTPARK/IISc
- Prof. Ayon Chakraborty - Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing, IoT - IIT Madras
- Prof. Sandip Chakraborty - Blockchain - IIT KGP
- Dr. Nishanth Chandran - Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, and Security - Microsoft India
- Prof. Sumit Darak - Wireless Network Design/Wireless Communication - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Chaya Ganesh - Cryptography and Security - IISc
- Prof. Dheryta Jaisinghani - IoT - University of Northern Iowa
- Prof. Omprakash Kaiwartya - Networks - Vehicular Adhoc, Drone-enabled, Next-generation Wireless - Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Prof. Kalpesh Kapoor - Combinatorics, Software Engineering - IIT Guwahati
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK" - Social Networks/Cybersecurity - IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Hemank Lamba - Computational Social Science/Data Science for Social Good - Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Prof. Radhika Mamadi - Computational Linguistics - IIIT Hyderabad
- Prof. Bivas Mitra - Affective Computing - IIT KGP
- Prof. Mainack Mondal - Social Networks/Cybersecurity/Usable Privacy and Security - IIT KGP
- Prof. Prerana Mukherjee - Computer Vision - JNU
- Prof. Madhavan Mukund - Formal verification/Machine Learning - Chennai Mathematical Institute
- Prof. Krishna Nandivada - Compilers, Program Analysis - IIT Madras
- Prof. Ranjani Parthasarathi - SDN in Mobile/5G, IoT Protocols and Security - Anna University
- Prof. Venkatesh Raman - Algorithms, Data Structures - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. R Ramanujam - Security Theory/Game Theory/Theory of Computation - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. Smruti Ranjan Sarangi - Computer Architecture - IIT Delhi
- Prof. Chester Rebeiro - Computer Security/Malware Analysis/Network Security - IIT Madras
- Dr. Niharika Sachdeva - Information Retrieval - InfoEdge
- Dr. Anush Sankaran - Machine Learning, Biometrics - Deeplite, Inc., Canada
- Prof. Saket Saurabh - Graph Algorithms and Graph Theory - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Dr. Sougata Sen - IoT, Mobile and Wearable Health (mHealth), Ubiquitous Computing - Northwestern University, USA
- Prof. Tavpritesh Sethi, MBBS, PhD - Healthcare/AI/ML in Health - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Rajiv Ratn Shah - Multimedia and Multimodal Analysis (text, image, video) - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Jainendra Shukla - Affective Computing - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Venkatesh Vinayakarao - Information Retrieval - CMI
Note: If you are working in any area that is not listed above, please fill the same form, and submit with "Can't find a mentor in my area of work, please help find one”; we will explore and get back to you.
For any questions/clarifications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the Clinic.
Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK", IIIT Delhi (for Research Facilitation Committee, ACM India)