Doing PhD in Any Area of Computing? Need Feedback/Suggestions? Check out These Mentors/Areas/Slots for #PhDClinic
September 30, 2020
Hope you are safe in these difficult times. More than 40 PhD students across India interacted with mentors in September. Some feedback by students who attended the PhD Clinic: "It was more than my expectation, professor was so polite and humble to answer my all questions." "Overall, it was a very informative session which also busted some myths and assumptions." "It was just super amazing!" "It was a really good session. I got some concrete suggestions, and some abstract suggestions. Overall, it will be helpful IMO." "Amazing :-) Highly recommended."
The purpose of the PhD Clinic is to help PhD students across the country to get feedback and suggestions on their work from subject matter experts. We believe having this third eye, in addition to the advisor(s), will give a great advantage to your research work. Any PhD student (not restricted to ACM members) can sign up for the Clinic. More information here.
Here are some slides on What Clinic Is (not), Why Clinic, Disclaimers, How It Will Work.
Below we list mentors along with their areas of work and affiliation; if you are interested in getting feedback, and having a discussion with any of them, please register here to interact with amazing mentors!
- Prof. Shweta Agrawal - Cryptography/Information Theory - IIT Madras
- Dr. Siddhartha Asthana - Human Computer Interaction/ML - MasterCard
- Prof. Sandip Chakraborty - Blockchain - IIT KGP
- Dr. Nishanth Chandran - Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, and Security - Microsoft India
- Prof. Sashikumaar Ganesan - Numerical Analysis, Simulation and Modeling, HPC, Mathematical Software - IISc
- Prof. Dheryta Jaisinghani - IoT - University of Northern Iowa
- Prof. Uday Khedker - Data Flow Analysis/Parallelization - IIT Bombay
- Prof. Kalpesh Kapoor - Combinatorics, Software Engineering - IIT Guwahati
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru “PK” - Social Networks/Cybersecurity - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Radhika Mamadi - Computational Linguistics - IIIT Hyderabad
- Prof. Bivas Mitra - Affective Computing - IIT KGP
- Prof. Mainack Mondal - Social Networks/Cybersecurity/Usable Privacy and Security - IIT KGP
- Prof. Madhavan Mukund - Formal verification/Machine Learning - Chennai Mathematical Institute
- Prof. Prerana Mukherjee - Computer Vision - JNU
- Prof. Krishna Nandivada - Compilers, Program Analysis - IIT Madras
- Prof. Venkatesh Raman - Algorithms, Data Structures - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. R Ramanujam - Security Theory/Game Theory/Theory of Computation - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. Smruti Ranjan Sarangi - Computer Architecture - IIT Delhi
- Prof. Saket Saurabh - Graph Algorithms and Graph Theory - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Dr. Niharika Sachdeva - Information Retrieval - InfoEdge
- Prof. Jainendra Shukla - Affective Computing - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Rajiv Ratn Shah - Multimedia and Multimodal Analysis (text, image, video) - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Tavpritesh Sethi, MBBS, PhD - Healthcare/AI/ML in Health - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Venkatesh Vinayakarao - Information Retrieval - CMI
Note: If you are working in any area that is not listed above, please fill the same form, and submit with "Can't find a mentor in my area of work, please help find one”; we will explore and get back to you.
For any questions/clarifications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the Clinic.
#PK (for Research Facilitation Committee)