CODS-COMAD 2022, 7 to 10 January (hybrid) - Register Now
December 22, 2021
CODS-COMAD aims to provide a forum for researchers focusing on scientific work in databases, data sciences and their applications to share new ideas, progress and achievement. Being held for the fifth time as a common conference bringing together the COMAD and the CODS communities. COMAD, a conference directed primarily at data management, started in 1989, while CODS started in 2014 with an excellent program in AI/machine learning/data science. These two conferences came together for the first time in 2018.
Highlights of the conference
- Dr. Susan Dumais (Microsoft Research): "The Importance of Context in Search"
- Prof. Tova Milo (Tel Aviv University): "Data Disposal by Design"
- Dr. Ruchir Puri (IBM Research): "Engineering the Future of Software with AI"
- Prof. Cynthia Rudin (Duke University): "Interpretable ML and Implications for Society"
- Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya (IIT Bombay): "Sentiment and Emotion Analysis"
- Introducing the Applied Data Science track focused on applying data science techniques for solving inter-disciplinary applications, and featuring 10 full papers and 5 short papers
- Research track presenting state-of-the-art results by 11 full papers and 7 short papers in the areas of data-centric computing and its intersection with AI
- Demo track featuring real systems in action with 7 demonstrations on topics such as fake news detection and e-commerce review translation
- Young Researchers' Symposium with 24 posters presented by students from diverse institutions for soliciting feedback
- A whole day of tutorials on multiple different topics ranging from "Quantum and Green Computing for Data Science" to "Responsible and Explainable AI"
- A panel discussion on the future of AI and data systems by top experts in the area
- Introducing the Diversity and Inclusion track featuring eminent keynote speakers and panel discussion on channeling data science towards understanding and addressing barriers to diversity and inclusion. Additionally, hosting mentorship and networking roundtables for students, faculty members, and researchers from traditionally under-represented groups to provide them an opportunity to interact with leading scientists from academia and industry.
CODS-COMAD 2022 is open for registrations. Virtual participation is offered at nominal rates. We are also accepting registrations for one day of physical attendance, open only for Karnataka residents who are fully vaccinated. Register here.