Data Science in India 2021, 15 August: Call for Participation
July 21, 2021
Data Science in India 2021, an ACM SIGKDD India Chapter (IKDD) Event
(Collocated with KDD 2021)
Sunday, 15 August, 2021, 8:30 AM - 12:45 PM IST
Since 2015, the ACM SIGKDD India Chapter (IKDD) has been organizing the “Data Science in India” event collocated with KDD conference to showcase the growth and achievements of the Data Science community in India. Over these years we have been able to bring to this forum several renowned researchers and practitioners from academia and industry.
Continuing the journey, this year we have put together a diverse and engaging program in a virtual format. Please take a moment to register for the event now and spread the word by forwarding this email to your network.
We look forward to seeing you at the event. Feel free to let us know any questions or suggestions you may have.
An Overview of Leading AI/ML/DS Centers in India - This session will provide introductory overviews to a few large interdisciplinary AI centers that have come up in the top academic institutes in India in the recent years from respective leaders.
Session Chairs: Shourya Roy (Flipkart) and Mitesh Khapra (IIT Madras)
- Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and AI (RBCDSAI) - Prof. B. Ravindran (IIT Madras)
- School of Artificial Intelligence (ScAI) - Prof. Mausam (IIT Delhi)
- Center for Machine Intelligence and Data Science (C-MInDS) - Prof. Sunita Sarawagi (IIT Bombay)
- Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence (CAI) - Prof. Sudeshna Sarkar (IIT Kharagpur)
- Machine Intelligence and Robotics Center (MINRO) - Prof. Milind Gandhe (IIIT Bangalore)
A Kaleidoscope of Sample Papers from India in Top Data Science Conferences - This segment will feature a video kaleidoscope of a representative sample of relevant research papers from Indian institutions which appeared in recent editions of CORE A* Data Science conferences. The session will have papers presented at ECCV 2020, NeurIPS 2020, AAMAS 2021, AAAI 2021, ACL 2021, SIGIR 2021 and ICML 2021.
Session Chair: Indrajit Bhattarcharya (TCS Research)
Reflections on Data Science in India - This session will feature a conversation between a diverse mix of experts on the evolution and role of data science in the Indian context.
Session Chairs: Srujana Merugu (Wadhwani AI and Google Research) and Anirban Dasgupta (IIT Gandhinagar)
Confirmed participants for this session are:
- Dr. P. Anandan (ex-Wadhwani AI, ex-Adobe, ex-Microsoft)
- Dr. Raghu Ramakrishnan (Microsoft)
- Dr. Geetha Manjunath (Niramai)
- Prof. Aaditeshwar Seth (IIT Delhi)
Career Panels and Networking Sessions
Session Chairs: Lavanya Tekumalla (AiFonic Labs) and Debdoot Mukherjee (ShareChat)
- Career Panels - This Q&A panel enables data scientists looking for job opportunities to interact with eminent researchers from Industry Labs and leaders from startups.
- Informal Networking Sessions - An opportunity for researchers with similar interests to connect with each other in virtual breakout rooms and discuss mutual interests.
Registration for this event is FREE. We have limited seats available - reserve your spot before they’re gone.
Register here: https://forms.gle/sGLRGPNzQcGMbBB2A
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/ikdd
Twitter - https://twitter.com/iKDD_News
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/IKDDNews