Join us for an ACM India Industry Bootcamp on Blockchain, 18-20 February 2021
January 15, 2021
ACM India is pleased to announce another professional development initiative: ACM India Industry Bootcamp, exclusively for computing practitioners from industry. This is intended to be an opportunity for practitioners to gain in-depth understanding of an advanced technology topic through a focused program over 3 days. It involves lectures from expert faculty, tutorials offering hands-on experience, interactive sessions and of course high quality content.
The first bootcamp of the series will be on Blockchain, conducted virtually.
When: Thursday 18 February 2021 to Saturday 20 February 2021, 2 pm to 6 pm IST
Faculty: Blockchain experts from C-DAC, IBM Research Lab India, IISc Bangalore and Wipro
Participants: Total 40 professionals from Indian industry. Participants need not be ACM members.
- Theory and fundamentals of blockchain, notion of agreement in distributed computing field, cryptographic constructions and techniques, inbuilt privacy by design.
- Technical deep-dive on Hyperledger Fabric, building a blockchain network and developing applications using Hyperledger Fabric.
- Exploration of working with Smart Contracts.
- Interoperability between blockchain networks.
- Insights from customer use cases and adoption of blockchain.
- Overview of popular blockchain networks in the ecosystem.
The detailed course content and schedule can be found here.
Takeaway: Participants will take back real conceptual and practical knowledge of Blockchain and even be able to create their small Blockchain networks at the end of this course.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree/Master degree in Science/Engineering, with Computing (CS, CSE, CE, IT etc) major preferred.
Registration fee: Rs 1250 + 18% GST for ACM members; Rs 2000 + 18% GST for non-members (Note: annual ACM membership is Rs 1500 + 18% GST)
How to register: Please use the registration form. Since seats are limited, we may need to restrict the number of participants from one organization. We will inform the selection decision by 31 January 2021. The payment link will be provided only to the selected participants.
For any queries, please write to Krishnasuri Narayanam at firstname.lastname@example.org.