Doing PhD in Any Area of Computing? Need Feedback/Suggestions? Check Out These #PhDClinic May Slots
April 26, 2021
The purpose of the PhD Clinic is to help PhD students across the country to get feedback and suggestions on their work from subject matter experts. We believe having this third eye, in addition to the advisor(s), will give a great advantage to your research work. Any PhD student (not restricted to ACM members) can sign up for the Clinic. More information here.
Some feedback by students who attended the PhD Clinic: "It was great to interact with the mentor. She cleared all my doubts." "Really enjoyed the laser focus technical discussion on the topic at hand." "The session was very informative. The expert patiently listened to problems and invited me for further discussions." "I thank PhD Clinic for providing the opportunity."
Here are some slides on What Clinic Is (not), Why Clinic, Disclaimers, How It Will Work.
Below we list mentors along with their areas of work and affiliation; if you are interested in getting feedback, and having a discussion with any of them, please register here to interact with amazing mentors! (Again, ACM membership not required.)
- Dr. Sunpreet Arora - Biometrics, Machine Learning, Systems Security - Visa
- Dr. Siddhartha Asthana - Human Computer Interaction/ML - MasterCard
- Dr. Arun Babu - Software Engineering, Cybersecurity - ARTPARK/IISc
- Prof. Abhijnan Chakraborty - Fairness in MachineLearning, SocialNetworks - IIT Delhi
- Prof. Ayon Chakraborty - Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing, IoT - IIT Madras
- Prof. Sandip Chakraborty - Blockchain - IIT KGP
- Dr. Nishanth Chandran - Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, and Security - Microsoft India
- Prof. Sumit Darak - Wireless Network Design/Wireless Communication - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Deepak D’Souza - Formal Verification and Program Analysis - IISc
- Prof. Chaya Ganesh - Cryptography and Security - IISc
- Prof. Dheryta Jaisinghani - IoT - University of Northern Iowa
- Prof. Pankaj Jalote - Software Engineering, Open Source Software - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Omprakash Kaiwartya - Networks - Vehicular Adhoc, Drone-enabled, Next-generation Wireless - Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Prof. Kalpesh Kapoor - Combinatorics, Software Engineering - IIT Guwahati
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK" - Social Networks/Cybersecurity - IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Hemank Lamba - Computational Social Science/Data Science for Social Good - Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Prof. Radhika Mamadi - Computational Linguistics - IIIT Hyderabad
- Prof. Bivas Mitra - Affective Computing - IIT KGP
- Prof. Mainack Mondal - Social Networks/Cybersecurity/Usable Privacy and Security - IIT KGP
- Prof. Prerana Mukherjee - Computer Vision - JNU
- Prof. Madhavan Mukund - Formal verification/Machine Learning - Chennai Mathematical Institute
- Prof. Krishna Nandivada - Compilers, Program Analysis - IIT Madras
- Prof. Ranjani Parthasarathi - SDN in Mobile/5G, IoT Protocols and Security - Anna University
- Prof. Venkatesh Raman - Algorithms, Data Structures - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. R Ramanujam - Security Theory/Game Theory/Theory of Computation - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. Chester Rebeiro - Computer Security/Malware Analysis/Network Security - IIT Madras
- Dr. Niharika Sachdeva - Information Retrieval - InfoEdge
- Dr. Anush Sankaran - Machine Learning, Biometrics - Deeplite, Inc., Canada
- Prof. Saket Saurabh - Graph Algorithms and Graph Theory - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Dr. Sougata Sen - IoT, Mobile and Wearable Health (mHealth), Ubiquitous Computing - BITS Pilani, Goa
- Prof. Tavpritesh Sethi - Healthcare/AI/ML in Health - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Rajiv Ratn Shah - Multimedia and Multimodal Analysis (text, image, video) - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Jainendra Shukla - Affective Computing - IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Nishant Sinha - Deep Learning, Constraint Solving / Optimization, Programming Languages - OffNote Labs
- Prof. Venkatesh Vinayakarao - Information Retrieval - Chennai Mathematical Institute
Note: If you are working in any area that is not listed above, please fill the same form, and submit with "Can't find a mentor in my area of work, please help find one”; we will explore and get back to you.
For any questions/clarifications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the Clinic.
Have an amazing week ahead!
Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK", IIIT Delhi
(For Research Facilitation Committee, ACM India)