ISEC 2022: Call for Participation
January 26, 2022
24 - 26 February 2022, DA-IICT Gandhinagar, India.
15th Innovations in Software Engineering Conference, ISEC
(formerly known as India Software Engineering Conference)
Innovations in Software Engineering Conference, ISEC (Formerly known as India Software Engineering Conference) is the annual conference of iSOFT, the India chapter of ACM SIGSOFT under the umbrella of ACM India. The 15th edition of the conference will be held at the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar, India. ISEC will bring together researchers and practitioners from across the world to share the results of their work. See the list of accepted papers here.
- Thomas Zimmermann, Sr. Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research
- Gail E. Kaiser, Columbia University, USA.
- Aditya Kanade, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Premkumar Devanbu, University of California, Davis
- Ahmed E. Hassan, Queen's University, Canada
- CodeShovel: Constructing Method-Level Source Code Histories. Authors: Felix Grund, Shaiful Alam Chowdhury, Nick Bradley, Braxton Hall, Reid Holmes
- “How Was Your Weekend?" Software Development Teams Working From Home During COVID-19. Authors: Courtney Miller, Paige Rodeghero, Margaret-Anne Storey, Denae Ford, Thomas Zimmermann
ISEC Test of Time Award (ISEC 2011 Paper):
- Generation of Improved Test Cases from UML State Diagram using Genetic Algorithm. Authors: Mahesh Shirole, Amit Suthar, Rajeev Kumar
- Knowledge-guided AI-native adaptive enterprise
- Workshop on Program Equivalence
- 5th Workshop on Software Engineering Education
- Changing Phases of Software Engineering with the Generations
ISEC 2022 will host a Ph.D. Symposium for research scholars pursuing their Ph.D. in the area of Software Engineering. The Symposium aims to provide a friendly atmosphere for research scholars to discuss their work and interact with peers and other researchers in the area of software engineering. They can also obtain detailed and constructive feedback on their research problems and progress of work.
ISEC 2022 tutorials are 3-hour sessions providing a hands-on introduction to an emerging research area or a useful research tool on any topic relevant to software engineering. The tutorials are mainly geared towards students and young researchers and are designed to equip them with tools that can help their own research and foster new research directions.
- Open source software supply chains
- API and mobile testing with Katalon studio
- Software Testing and quality assurance for data intensive applications
- Extraction of dead atomic conditions for smart contracts
Tech Briefings are 90-minute talks designed to present an overview of the state of the art in any area relevant to software engineering to a broad audience of the software engineering researchers.
- Serverless computing trends
- Information extraction for document digitization
- Analysing software systems through social network analysis
ACM Student Research Competition:
ISEC 2022 will host its first ACM Student Research Competition (SRC). ACM SRC offers a unique platform for undergraduate and graduate (Masters or early PhD) students to present their research work before a panel of judges and attendees, and compete for prizes. The forum provides an excellent opportunity for students to discuss their research with experts in their field, get feedback, and sharpen their research, communication and networking skills.
Saurabh Tiwari, DA-IICT Gandhinagar, India
Sanjay Chaudhary, Ahmedabad University
Chanchal K. Roy, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Meenakshi D’ Souza, IIIT Bangalore, India
Santosh Singh Rathore, ABV-IIITM Gwalior, India
Eduard Paul Enoiu, Mälardalen University, Sweden
Tutorials & Technical Briefings Chairs:
Mei Nagappan, University of Waterloo, Canada
Pavan Kumar Chittimalli, TCS Innovation Labs, India
ACM Student Research Competition Chairs:
Sheikh Umar Farooq, University of Kashmir, India
Masud Rahman, Dalhousie University, Canada
Doctoral Symposium Chairs:
Sridhar Chimalakonda, IIT Tirupati, India
Maria Kechagia, University College London, UK
Lov Kumar, BITS Pilani Hyderabad, India
Richa Sharma, Lock Haven University, USA
Sangharatna Godboley, NIT Warangal, India
Manish Khare, DA-IICT Gandhinagar, India
Shekhar Sahasrabudhe, Persistent Systems, India
Yash Agarwal, DA-IICT Gandhinagar, India
Wesley K. G. Assunção, PUC-Rio, Brazil
Sahar Tahvili, Ericsson, Sweden
Akhila Sri Manasa Venigalla, IIT Tirupati, India
Manikant Roy, IIT Delhi India
Siba Mishra, Zoho Corporation, India
Christoph Matthies, Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany
ISEC 2022 provides a registration grant to the student/faculty for attending the conference by funding the registration cost for those who would otherwise be unable to attend. For details, visit here.
We look forward to your contribution and participation!
ISEC 2022 Team