Announcing ACM India Research Facilitation Grant (RFG) for PhD & Masters Students, Postdocs, and Early Career Faculty Members
Dear ACM India Members,
We are excited to announce a new grant opportunity now open for applications! This grant is targeted at supporting PhD students, Postdocs, early career faculty members from institutions in India with limited research support funding, and Masters (with thesis work) students by funding expenses related to publication in open-access journals & conferences, attending top quality invitation-only research seminars/workshops/summer schools (e.g., Dagstuhl Seminars), and costs for additional pages for journal and conference papers. All applicants must be studying or pursuing their careers in India at the time of application. However, they need not be an ACM member.
1. Open Access Conferences and Journals: The grant covers publication costs in top-tier open-access conferences and journals, enabling wider dissemination of your research.
2. Invitation-only Research Seminars/Workshops/School: Attend high-quality research seminars/workshops/summer schools or instructional workshops (see a representative list here ) and expand your knowledge and network with funding from the grant.
3. Additional Page Costs for Conference and Journal Papers: Additional page costs for conference (A/A* venues) and journal papers (with high impact factor) are also covered, allowing a comprehensive presentation of your research findings.
Applications are open throughout the year. Use the following link to apply: forms.gle/zoMA7jCfDZXUa8P49. Applicants will be required to upload relevant documents to support the application, such as a PDF of a document mentioning the charges for the accepted open-access journal or an invitation letter to the instructional workshop/summer school or a PDF mentioning the charges for the extra pages of the accepted journal/conference paper. Applicant need not be ACM Member.
A committee of computer scientists representing diverse sub-areas of Computer Science will review the applications at regular intervals. The quality of the venue/workshop and the contribution will be the guiding principles for approvals. ACM India will guarantee equal opportunity to research areas in publications/seminars/workshops instructional schools and ensure that the gender and diversity of institutions are represented.
Your work is valuable, and this grant is designed to eliminate financial barriers, ensuring your research reaches the widest possible audience and you continue to grow and learn in your field.
1. Supratik Chakraborty, IIT Bombay
2. Keerti Choudhary, IIT Delhi
3. Hemangee K. Kapoor, IIT Guwahati
4. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru, IIIT Hyderabad
5. Manas Thakur, IIT Bombay
6. Karthik Vaidhyanathan, IIIT Hyderabad
We strongly encourage eligible candidates to use this opportunity and apply for the grant. Your contribution to the research world is essential, and we are here to support you in your journey.
Wishing you success in your application and your research endeavours!
ACM India Research Facilitation Committee