Doing PhD in Any Area of Computing? Need Feedback/Suggestions? Check Out These #PhDClinic March Slots
PhD Clinic: The purpose of the PhD Clinic is to help PhD students across the country to get feedback and suggestions on their work from subject matter experts. We believe having this third eye, in addition to the advisor(s), will give a great advantage to your research work. Any PhD student (not restricted to ACM members) can sign up for the Clinic. More information here.
Some feedback by students who attended the PhD Clinic: "It was really motivating and encouraging. It helped me learn about new possibilities and get feedback on my current work.” “It was wonderful and informative to talk with the mentor."
Here are some slides on What Clinic Is (not), Why Clinic, Disclaimers, and How It Will Work.
Below we list mentors along with their areas of work and affiliation; if you are interested in getting feedback, and having a discussion with any of them, please register here to interact with amazing mentors! (Again, ACM membership not required.)
- Dr. Sunpreet Arora - Biometrics, Machine Learning, Systems Security - Visa
- Dr. Siddhartha Asthana - Human Computer Interaction/ML - MasterCard
- Dr. Arun Babu - Software Engineering, Cybersecurity - ARTPARK/IISc
- Prof. Abhijnan Chakraborty - Fairness in MachineLearning, SocialNetworks - IIT Delhi
- Prof. Anirban Chakraborty - IISc - Computer Vision, Machine Learning
- Prof. Ayon Chakraborty - Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing, IoT - IIT Madras
- Dr. Nishanth Chandran - Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, and Security - Microsoft India
- Prof. Sridhar Chimalakonda - Software Engineering, Educational Technologies, Human-Computer Interaction - IIT Tirupati
- Prof. Sumit Darak - Wireless Network Design/Wireless Communication - IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Lipika Dey - NLP, ML, AI, Healthcare - TCS Research
- Prof. Chaya Ganesh - Cryptography and Security - IISc
- Prof. Dinesh J, IIIT Bangalore - Multimodal (Vision, Audio and Text) Analysis, Embodied Conversational Agents
- Prof. Dheryta Jaisinghani - IoT - University of Northern Iowa
- Prof. Omprakash Kaiwartya - Networks - Vehicular Adhoc, Drone-enabled, Next-generation Wireless - Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Prof. Uday P. Khedker - Compilers, Program analysis - IIT Bombay
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK" - Social Networks/Cybersecurity - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Radhika Mamadi - Computational Linguistics - IIIT Hyderabad
- Prof. Bivas Mitra - Affective Computing - IIT KGP
- Prof. Mainack Mondal - Social Networks/Cybersecurity/Usable Privacy and Security - IIT KGP
- Prof. Prerana Mukherjee - Computer Vision - JNU
- Prof. Madhavan Mukund - Formal Verification/Machine Learning - Chennai Mathematical Institute
- Dr. Dheeraj Nagaraj, Google Research - Theoretical Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Applied Probability
- Dr. Krishnasuri Narayanam - Blockchain - IBM
- Dr. Soumyabrata Pal - Theoretical Machine Learning, Applied Statistics and Information Theory - Google Research
- Dr. Vinayaka D Pandit - Blockchain/Web3, Supply Chain, and Privacy-preserving collaboration - IBM Research
- Prof. Ranjani Parthasarathi - SDN in Mobile/5G, IoT Protocols and Security - Anna University
- Prof. Venkatesh Raman - Algorithms, Data Structures - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. R Ramanujam - Security Theory/Game Theory/Theory of Computation - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Prof. Chester Rebeiro - Computer Security/Malware Analysis/Network Security - IIT Madras
- Prof. Krishna S - Formal Methods (Automata, Logics), Verification, Programming languages - IIT Bombay
- Dr. Niharika Sachdeva - Information Retrieval - InfoEdge
- Dr. Anush Sankaran - Machine Learning, Biometrics - Deeplite, Inc., Canada
- Prof. Saket Saurabh - Graph Algorithms and Graph Theory - Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Dr. Sougata Sen - IoT, Mobile and Wearable Health (mHealth), Ubiquitous Computing - BITS Pilani, Goa
- Prof. Rajiv Ratn Shah - Multimedia and Multimodal Analysis (text, image, video) - IIIT Delhi
- Prof. Jainendra Shukla - Affective Computing - IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Naveen Sivadasan, TCS Research - Biological Data Analysis, Computational biology
- Prof. Venkatesh Vinayakarao - Information Retrieval - Chennai Mathematical Institute
Note: If you are working in any area that is not listed above, please fill the same form, and submit with "Can't find a mentor in my area of work, please help find one”; we will explore and get back to you.
For any questions/clarifications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the Clinic.
Have a fantastic week!
Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK", IIIT Hyderabad
(For Research Facilitation Committee, ACM India)