Applications for 2019 ACM Europe Summer School on High Performance Computing Deadline Extended to 1 May
April 2, 2019
Apply now for the 2019 ACM Europe Summer School on HPC Computer Architectures for AI and Dedicated Applications which will take place on 17-24 July in Barcelona. The School will be hosted by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS) and the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC-BarcelonaTECH). The deadline for applications has been extended to 1 May.
The School is tailored to young computer science researchers and engineers, and it is open to outstanding MSc students and senior undergraduate students. Accepted participants will spend a full week in Barcelona, attending formal lectures during the mornings and practical exercises in the afternoons.
Prof. Silvio Micali, ACM A.M. Turing Award laureate and MIT Professor, will give a keynote lecture. Dr. Lucilla Sioli, EU Commission Director for Digital Industry and AI, will be present at the school. Prof. Natasa Milic-Frayling, University of Nottingham UK, will address collaboration and diversity issues in a special dedicated session. Dr. Ing. Gerhard Schimpf, former chair of the ACM Europe Council Committee of European Chapter Leaders, will present the ACM Being Human with Algorithms initiative and the ACM student chapter activity in Europe.
Lectures will be delivered by:
- Prof. Per Stenström, Chalmers University, ACM Fellow
- Prof. Jesús Labarta, BSC, UPC, ACM - IEEE CS Ken Kennedy Award recipient
- Prof. Luca Benini, ETH Zürich, University of Bologna, ACM Fellow, and Prof. Francesco Conti, ETH Zürich, University of Bologna
- Prof. Uri Weiser, ACM - IEEE CS Eckert-Mauchly Award recipient, ACM Fellow
- Prof. David Carrera, UPC, BSC, ERC grantee
- Prof. Mauro Olivieri, Sapienza University of Rome
The online application form is available via this link. The deadline for applying is end-of-day 1 May AoE (UTC -12).