SIGAPP - Applied Computing
The ACM Special Interest Group on Applied Computing, ACM's primary applications-oriented SIG, offers practitioners and researchers the opportunity to share mutual interests in innovative applications, technology transfer, experimental computing, strategic research, and the management of computing. This SIG also promotes widespread cooperation among business, government, and academic computing programs. Members receive reduced rates to the SAC conference.
SIGAPP benefits for FY 2018:
Member Benefits provided to SIGAPP Members:
- Subscription to Applied Computing Review (Published quarterly)
- Reduced registration fee for SIGAPP conferences (SAC, RACS)
- CD-ROM proceedings of SAC;
- Access to all SIGAPP material in the ACM Digital Library:
- SAC conference proceedings and Applied Computing Review (ACR)
Community Benefits provided by SIGAPP:
- Sponsorship of SAC conference;
- Partial sponsorship of RACS and IMCOM
- Best Poster award at the SAC and RACS conferences.
- Best Paper awards at the SAC and RACS conferences.
- Distinguished Service Award for outstanding service to SAC;
- Student travel support to the SAC conference;
- Travel support for participants in SAC from economically disadvantaged countries (as defined by ACM);
SIGAPP Web site, including old electronic version of Applied Computing Review