SIGBED - Embedded Systems
SIGBED is intended to be a focal point within ACM for all aspects of embedded computing systems, including both software and hardware. Embedded systems has come to be recognized as a key discipline, which includes new computer and systems science foundations, new design technology, and new hardware and software frameworks. Members of the SIGBED community serve on the editorial board of ACM's publication, "ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems" and the upcoming "ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks".
SIGBED benefits for FY 2018:
Member Benefits provided to SIGBED Members:
- Members receive the SIGBED Newsletter, *quarterly,* online only.
- Reduced registration at conferences sponsored by SIGBED.
- Free access to SIGBED content in the ACM Digital Library.
- ACM SIGBED/SIGSOFT Frank Anger Memorial Student Award given annually to student members to promote interdisciplinary research.
- Student travel grants given annually to student members to attend ESWEEK and CPSWEEK.
Community Benefits provided by SIGBED:
- SIGBED runs an open website with moderated blogging features.
- ACM SIGBED Paul Caspi Memorial Dissertation Award
- ACM SIGBED/EMSOFT Best Paper Award given annually to authors of best paper at EMSOFT.
- Sponsorship of ESWEEK (CASES, CODES+ISSS, EMSOFT) and CPSWEEK (HiCoNS, HSCC, ICCPS, IPSN, RTAS) as well as ICDSC, LCTES, MEMOCODE, NOCS, and SenSys conferences.
Members of the SIGBED community serve on the editorial board of ACM's publications “ACM Transactions on Cyber Physical Systems”, "ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems", "ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems", and "ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks".