SIGCSE - Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education
The ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) provides a global forum for educators to discuss research and practice related to the learning, and teaching of computing, the development, implementation, and evaluation of computing programs, curricula, and courses at all education levels, as well as broad participation, educational technology, instructional spaces, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy related to computing.
SIGCSE benefits for FY 2020:
- 4 issues of ACM Inroads (magazine for the computing education community), either electronically or physically depending on the membership type
- An electronic archive of all SIGCSE publications including
- Proceedings of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium
- Proceedings of the Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE) conference
- Proceedings of the International Computing Education Research (ICER) conference
- Proceedings of the ACM Global Computing Education (CompEd) conference.
- Working group reports from the ITiCSE conference.
- Quarterly newsletter, The SIGCSE Bulletin.
- Reduced registration rates for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Free access to SIGCSE publication archives through the ACM Digital Library, which includes proceedings of “in-cooperation” conferences.
- Access to the SIGCSE-ANNOUNCE and SIGCSE-MEMBERS mailing lists.
- Opportunity to participate in SIGCSE committees on topics of current interest.
- Modest support for researchers who wish to investigate and introduce new ideas in the learning and teaching of computing through SIGCSE Special Project Grants.
- Opportunity to apply for travel support to attend the SIGCSE Technical Symposium through the Travel Grant program, assuming that the applicant is a faculty member or teacher and has never attended.
- Opportunity to network within a community of computing professionals.
- Annual sponsorship of the SIGCSE, ITiCSE, and ICER conferences
- Biennial sponsorship of the CompEd conference
- Kids camp provided at annual SIGCSE Symposium
- Working "in-cooperation" with numerous other conferences
- Providing New Faculty Educator Workshop every other year at the SIGCSE Symposium
- Providing Department Chairs Workshop every other year at the SIGCSE Symposium
- Modest travel support for the dissemination of outstanding SIGCSE/ITiCSE/ICER/CompEd presentations to other "in-cooperation" conferences
- Sponsors an annual Doctoral Consortium
- Annual Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Computer Science Education and for Lifetime Service
- Award in 2019 for the ACM Top Ten SIGCSE Technical Symposium Papers of All Time
- Award in 2020 for the ACM SIGCSE Top Five ITiCSE Papers of All Time
- Annual award beginning in 2020 for a paper meeting the ACM SIGCSE Test of Time
- Contributions to all major curriculum task forces
- Resources regarding computing education
- Reports from SIGCSE committees on topics of general interest, such as women in computing, teaching discrete mathematics and evidence-based instructional practices
- Opportunity to build special communities related to computing education
- Support of the CRA-W Grad Cohort Workshop in 2019
- Booth at the annual CSTA conference in 2019