SIGCSE - Computer Science Education
The ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) provides a global forum for educators to discuss research and practice related to the learning, and teaching of computing, the development, implementation, and evaluation of computing programs, curricula, and courses at all education levels, as well as broad participation, educational technology, instructional spaces, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy related to computing.
SIGCSE benefits for FY 2019: Member Benefits:
- 4 issues of ACM Inroads (magazine for the computing education community), either electronically or physically depending on the membership type
- An electronic archive of all SIGCSE publications including
- Proceedings of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium.
- Proceedings of the Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE) Conference.
- Proceedings of the International Computing Education Research (ICER) Conference.
- Working group reports from the ITiCSE conference.
- Quarterly newsletter, The SIGCSE Bulletin.
- Reduced registration rates for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Free access to SIGCSE publication archives through the ACM Digital Library, which includes proceedings of “in-cooperation” conferences.
- Access to the SIGCSE-ANNOUNCE and SIGCSE-MEMBERS mailing lists.
- Opportunity to participate in SIGCSE committees on topics of current interest.
- Modest support for researchers who wish to investigate and introduce new ideas in the learning and teaching of computing through SIGCSE Special Project Grants.
- Opportunity to apply for travel support to attend the SIGCSE Technical Symposium through the Travel Grant program, assuming that the applicant is a faculty member or teacher and has never attended.
- Opportunity to network within a community of computing professionals.
- Annual sponsorship of the SIGCSE, ITiCSE, and ICER conferences.
- Kids camp provided at annual SIGCSE Symposium.
- Working "in-cooperation" with numerous other conferences.
- Providing New Faculty Educator Workshop every other year at the SIGCSE Symposium.
- Providing Department Chairs Workshop every other year at the SIGCSE Symposium.
- Modest travel support for the dissemination of outstanding SIGCSE/ITiCSE/ICER presentations to other "in-cooperation" conferences.
- Sponsors an annual Doctoral Consortium.
- Annual Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Computer Science Education and for Lifetime Service.
- Contributions to all major curriculum task forces.
- Resources regarding computing education.
- Reports from SIGCSE committees on topics of general interest, such as teaching discrete mathematics and evidence-based instructional practices.
- Opportunity to build special communities related to computing education.
- Support of the CRA-W Grad Cohort Workshop in 2018
- Booth at the annual CSTA conference in 2018