SIGDA - Design Automation
The ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation is organized and operated exclusively for educational, scientific, and technical purposes in design automation. The mission of SIGDA and its activities includes collecting and disseminating information in design automation through a newsletter and other publications; organizing sessions at conferences of the ACM; sponsoring conferences, symposia, and workshops; organizing projects and working groups for education, research, and development; serving as a source of technical information for the Council and subunits of the ACM; and representing the opinions and expertise of the membership on matters of technical interest to SIGDA or ACM.
SIGDA member benefits for FY 2023
- SIGDA E-Newsletter (containing headline news in EDA, the new "What is...?" column, and information on upcoming conferences and funding opportunities), emailed to SIGDA members monthly.
- SIGDA website, LinkedIn channel, and other medias.
- Reduced registration rates at conferences/symposia/workshops sponsored or held "in cooperation" by SIGDA.
- Full, free access to all proceedings of SIGDA sponsored conferences/symposia/workshops available in the ACM Digital Library.
- Eligibility to apply for various SIGDA travel grants (financial need is required and some restrictions apply, see program description for details).
- Eligibility to be nominated for editorial board members of SIGDA-sponsored journals and transactions
- Eligibility to be nominated for SIGDA service awards
- Access to activities hosted by SIGDA Local Chapters in various regions.
- Invited to attend SIGDA events in major conferences including SIGDA member dinner at ICCAD.
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC), IEEE/ACM Intl. Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), IEEE/ACM Asia-South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASPDAC), IEEE/ACM Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE), ACM/IEEE Embedded Systems Week (ESWEEK) including ACM/IEEE Intl. Conference on CoDesign and System Synthesis (CODES-ISSS), ACM Intl. Symposium on Physical Design (ISPD), ACM Intl. Symposium on FPGAs (FPGA), ACM/IEEE Intl. Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), ACM/IEEE Intl. Symposium on System Level Interconnect Prediction (SLIP), ACM Great Lakes VLSI Symposium (GLSVLSI), ACM/IEEE Workshop on Timing Issues In The Specification And Synthesis Of Digital Systems (TAU), International Workshop on Logic and Synthesis (IWLS), ACM-IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for System Design (MEMOCODE), Symposium on Integrated Circuits and System Design (SBCCI), IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Nanoscale Architectures (NANOARCH), IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS).
- In-cooperation sponsorship and other support for several related conferences, symposia, and workshops
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the SIGDA Ph.D. Forum at DAC, Design Automation Summer School at DAC (Jointly operated with A. Richard Newton Young Student Fellow Program), UBooth@DAC, SDC@DAC, Hack@DAC, Early Career Workshop at DAC, SIGDA CADathlon at ICCAD, ACM SRC at ICCAD, DATE PhD. Forum, and Student Research Forum (SRF) at ASPDAC
- ACM/SIGDA Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award in EDA, ACM/SIGDA Outstanding New Faculty Award, ACM/IEEE A. Richard Newton Technical Impact Award, and ACM/SIGDA Pioneering Achievement Award
- Co-sponsorship of the IEEE/ACM William J. McCalla Best Paper Award, ACM/SIGDA
- Dissemination of SIGDA and EDA-related information on the sigda.org website.