SIGDA - Design AutomationJOIN
The ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation is organized and operated exclusively for educational, scientific, and technical purposes in design automation. The mission of SIGDA and its activities includes collecting and disseminating information in design automation through a newsletter and other publications; organizing sessions at conferences of the ACM; sponsoring conferences, symposia, and workshops; organizing projects and working groups for education, research, and development; serving as a source of technical information for the Council and subunits of the ACM; and representing the opinions and expertise of the membership on matters of technical interest to SIGDA or ACM.
SIGDA member benefits for FY 2018
Member Benefits provided to SIGDA Members:
- SIGDA E-Newsletter (containing headline news in EDA, the new "What is...?" column, and information on upcoming conferences and funding opportunities), emailed to SIGDA members monthly.
- Access to SIGDA Live – a webinar series highlighting talks from luminaries in Design Automation.
- Reduced registration rates at conferences/symposia/workshops sponsored by SIGDA.
- Reduced registration rates at conferences/symposia/workshops held "in cooperation" with SIGDA.
- Full, free access to all proceedings of SIGDA sponsored. conferences/symposia/workshops available in the ACM Digital Library
- Eligibility to apply for SIGDA travel grants (financial need is required and some restrictions apply, see program description for details).
- SIGDA Local Chapters in various regions
Community Benefits provided by SIGDA:
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC), IEEE/ACM Intl. Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), IEEE/ACM Asia-South Pacific Design AutomationConference (ASPDAC), IEEE/ACM Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE), ACM/IEEE Embedded Systems Week (ESWEEK) including ACM/IEEE Intl. Conference on CoDesign and System Synthesis (CODES-ISSS), ACM Intl. Symposium on Physical Design (ISPD), ACM Intl. Symposium on FPGAs (FPGA), ACM/IEEE Intl. Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), ACM/IEEE Intl. Symposium on System Level Interconnect Prediction (SLIP), ACM Great Lakes VLSI Symposium (GLSVLSI), ACM/IEEE Workshop on Timing Issues In The Specification And Synthesis Of Digital Systems (TAU).
- In-cooperation sponsorship and other support for several related conferences, symposia, and workshops
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the SIGDA Ph.D. Forum at DAC (Jointly operated with A. Richar Newton Young Student Fellow Program), Design Automation Summer School at DAC, SIGDA CADathlon at ICCAD, ACM SRC at ICCAD, Young Faculty Workshop at DAC, DATE PhD. Forum, and Student Research Forum (SRF) at ASPDAC (new)
- Dissemination of SIGDA and EDA-related information on the sigda.org web site.
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the IEEE/ACM William J. McCalla Best Paper Award, ACM/SIGDA
- Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award in EDA, ACM/SIGDA Outstanding New Faculty Award, ACM/IEEE A. Richard Newton Technical Impact Award, and ACM/SIGDA Pioneering Achievement Award