SIGIR - Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval
The ACM Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval welcomes members working in all aspects of information storage, retrieval, and dissemination, including research, development, evaluation, and education. The mission of SIGIR has expanded to cover a variety of search-related research topics applied to a broad range of unstructured data including text, images, video, audio, and recorded speech. SIGIR sponsors its own conference on research and development in information retrieval and co-sponsors several other conferences and workshops.
SIGIR benefits for FY 2018:
Member Benefits provided to SIGIR Members:
- Subscription to SIGIR Forum newsletter, published three times per year (one issue is the SIGIR Conference Proceedings on CD/DVD, mailed to all members).
- Reduced registration at conferences sponsored by SIGIR (SIGIR, ICTIR, CHIIR, CIKM, JCDL, WSDM).
- Reduced registration at conferences held "in cooperation" with SIGIR (list varies from year to year).
- Access to the following content in the ACM Digital Library:
- SIGIR, ICTIR, CHIIR, CIKM, JCDL, and WSDM conference proceedings;
- SIGIR Forum
- Some conferences and workshops held in cooperation with SIGIR.
- Option to upgrade to the Member Value Plus / Proceedings Package (includes copies of CIKM and JCDL conference proceedings as distributed at the conference).
- Student Members: Student travel support to SIGIR-sponsored conferences.
Community Benefits provided by SIGIR:
- Sponsorship of the SIGIR, ICTIR and CHIIR conferences; co-sponsorship (with SIGWEB) of the CIKM and JCDL conferences; and co-sponsorship of the WSDM conference (with SIGKDD, SIGMOD, and SIGWEB).
- Friends of SIGIR program provides student travel support for small and regional events related to IR
- Best Paper, Best Student Paper, Test of Time, and triennial Salton awards at the SIGIR conference.
- Vannevar Bush award at the JCDL conference (co-sponsored with SIGWEB).
- SIGIR-ANNOUNCE and SIG-IR List mailing lists.
- SIGIR Web site, including electronic version of SIGIR Forum.