SIGMOBILE - Special Interest Group on Mobility of Systems, Users, Data & Computing
The ACM Special Interest Group on Mobility of Systems, Users, Data, and Computing provides a forum for researchers, practitioners, users, educators, and students interested in all areas of mobility; SIGMOBILE focuses on areas ranging from mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking, to emerging applications of new mobile and wireless technologies. SIGMOBILE promotes research and development in these areas and fosters community in this rapidly growing field. SIGMOBILE's technical scope reflects the convergence of mobility, computing, and information organization its access, services, management, and applications.
SIGMOBILE benefits for FY 2018
Member Benefits Provided to SIGMOBILE Members:
- The quarterly newsletter, now called "GetMobile", serving to keep SIGMOBILE members informed, and also publishing high-quality peer-reviewed research papers on mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking to be available both in print and in electronic form.
- A periodic e-mail SIGMOBILE newsletter, including SIGMOBILE announcements, pointers to relevant mainstream news articles of interest to SIGMOBILE members, a calendar of upcoming events of interest to our members, and pointers to developer news for active developers in the area of mobile computing and wireless networking.
- Announcements via the moderated, members-only email distribution list, keeping you informed of the latest happenings in our field.
- Qualify for the lowest registration rates at conferences and workshops sponsored by SIGMOBILE, and for the many events that are "in cooperation" with SIGMOBILE. SIGMOBILE regularly sponsors multiple conferences and workshops each year (MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, Ubicomp, and HotMobile and more recently, PerDis and WUWNet).
- Opportunities to share ideas, learn of new results and practices, network with colleagues, and be active in a vibrant community of colleagues in all areas of mobility of systems, users, data, and computing.
- A YouTube channel that features technical talks from major SIGMOBILE conferences.
- Through the Member Value Plus program, automatically receive access to full conference proceedings of SIGMOBILE's five conferences.
SIGMOBILE Community Benefits:
- Organization and sponsorship of five annual conferences (MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, and Ubicomp).
- Promotion of emerging new areas through sponsorship of numerous workshops each year.
- An ACM Mobility Tech Pack edited by the SIGMOBILE officers, providing an annotated reading list of the definitive mobile research papers to date; thus enabling somebody new to the field to rapidly come up to speed.
- The SIGMOBILE Outstanding Contribution Award, given to recognize an individual who has made a significant and lasting contribution to the research on mobile computing and communications and wireless networking.
- The SIGMOBILE Distinguished Service Award, given to recognize an individual who has made exceptional contributions to ACM SIGMOBILE, its conferences, publications, or its local activities.
- The SIGMOBILE Test of Time Award, given to published papers that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade.
- The SIGMOBILE Doctoral Dissertation Award, given to recognize excellent thesis research by doctoral candidates in the field of mobile computing and wireless networks.
- The SIGMOBILE Research Highlights recognition made to papers published in the current year in some SIGMOBILE venue that are likely of great interest to the broad computing community.
- Best paper awards are given at all five of our sponsored conferences and presented each year.
- Support for students at SIGMOBILE conferences and workshops, through reduced registration fees, student travel awards for some conferences (with NSF support), and student poster sessions.
Early access to new talks on the SIGMOBILE YouTube channel.
Papers in PDF format from the SIGMOBILE-sponsored conferences, workshops, and quarterly newsletter on the ACM Digital Library, as well as ePub versions of all the papers in SIGMOBILE-sponsored conferences held from 2015 onwards.