SIGSIM - Special Interest Group on Simulation
The ACM Special Interest Group on Simulation and Modeling seeks the advancement of the state-of-the-art in simulation and modeling. Simulation and modeling cut across a broad range of interests. SIGSIM joins each year with a variety of other organizations in co-sponsoring the Winter Simulation Conference, the premier conference in the field, and the Parallel and Distributed Simulation Conference (PADS).
SIGSIM Benefits for FY 2023
- Reduced registration fees for many conferences including WSC, SIGSIM-PADS, and MSWiM
- SIGSIM members are granted full on-line access to the proceedings of the SIGSIM sponsored / supported conferences in the ACM Digital Library
- Access to ACM SIGSIM M&S Knowledge Repository
- Distinguished Contributions Award
- Conference Travel Support Award for Ph.D. Students in M&S (WSC, SIGSIM-PADS and MSWiM)
- Ph.D. Colloquium and Poster Session at the annual WSC, SIGSIM-PADS and MSWiM conferences
- Best Ph.D. Student Paper Award at the annual WSC, SIGSIM-PADS and MSWiM conferences
- Sponsorship of annual conferences: WSC, SIGSIM-PADS, MSWiM and DS-RT
- In-cooperation support of many conferences including: SimAUD, ANNSIM and SIMULTECH
- ACM SIGSIM Blog Digest issued to the mailing list and subscribers
- LinkedIn Professional Group named “ACM SIGSIM”, which provides professional networking among M&S professionals
- Twitter account which promotes news articles and announcements regarding modeling and simulation and SIGSIM events.
- Announcements via a moderated email distribution list about events of interest, Calls for Papers, and Calls for Participation