SIGSOFT - Special Interest Group on Software Engineering
The ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering seeks to improve our ability to engineer software by stimulating interaction among practitioners, researchers, and educators; by fostering the professional development of software engineers; and by representing software engineers to professional, legal, and political entities.
SIGSOFT benefits for FY 2023
- Subscription to the SIGSOFT Newsletter, Software Engineering Notes (SEN), in electronic format all members. SEN is published at least 4 times a year. Contents include articles, reports, and regular columns.
- Web access to the SIGSOFT portion of the ACM Digital Library, including articles from all SIGSOFT sponsored and co-sponsored conferences (e.g., ICSE, ESEC/FSE, and ISSTA).
- Discounted registration at conferences, workshops, and other events sponsored, co-sponsored and in cooperation with SIGSOFT.
- Discounted membership rates (i.e., same as student membership rates) for retired members who have been members for the last 10 years and are at least 60 years old.
- Travel Support and Childcare Assistance at Conferences (CAPS) for student members and members to reduce the cost of attending SIGSOFT-sponsored conferences.
- Notification of relevant information through the SIGSOFT electronic member mailing list.
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) are available as a Member Plus package.
- Networking and leadership opportunities through participation in SIGSOFT events.
- Access to SIGSOFT’s regular Webinar series, presenting the cutting-edge work of leading software engineering researchers and practitioners.
- Opportunities to serve as a volunteer in various capacities in relation to SIGSOFT activities.
- Honoring distinguished individuals through the several awards: Outstanding Research Award, Distinguished Service Award, Influential Educator Award, Early Career Researcher Award, Impact Paper Awards, Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Most Influential Paper Awards at ICSE, ESEC/FSE, and ISSTA.
- Distinguished Paper Awards are given to a small number of papers accepted at SIGSOFT-sponsored conferences.
- ACM SIGBED/SIGSOFT Frank Anger Memorial Student Travel Award given annually to student members to promote interdisciplinary research.
- Professional development of software engineers through participation in the Computing Curriculum for Software Engineering Steering Committee.
- Software engineering history initiatives and resources, including several pages on the ACM History Wiki and representation on the ACM History Committee.
- The SIGSOFT Web site, www.sigsoft.org.
- The SEWORLD Mailing List.
- The SEN Web site, which includes additional content.
- SIGSOFT presence on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- The SIGSOFT Blog