SIGSOFT - Special Interest Group on Software Engineering
The ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering seeks to improve our ability to engineer software by stimulating interaction among practitioners, researchers, and educators; by fostering the professional development of software engineers; and by representing software engineers to professional, legal, and political entities.
SIGSOFT benefits for FY 2018:
Member Benefits Provided to SIGSOFT Members:
- Subscription to the SIGSOFT Newsletter, Software Engineering Notes (SEN), in electronic format for online members/in print format for print members. SEN is published at least 4 times a year. Contents include articles, reports, regular columns, book reviews and the SIGSOFT Calendar of Events, with Calls for Papers and Advance Programs.
- Web access to the SIGSOFT portion of the ACM Digital Library, including articles from all SIGSOFT sponsored and co-sponsored conferences (e.g., ICSE, ESEC/FSE, PASTE, and ISSTA).
- Discounted registration at conferences and workshops sponsored, co-sponsored and in cooperation with SIGSOFT.
- Discounted membership rates (i.e., same as student membership rates) for retired members who have been members for the last 10 years and are at least 60 years old.
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) are available as a Member Plus package.
- Notification of relevant information through the SIGSOFT electronic member mailing list.
Community Benefits Provided by SIGSOFT:
- Networking and leadership opportunities through participation in SIGSOFT events.
- Access to SIGSOFT’s regular Webinar series, presenting the cutting-edge work of leading software engineering researchers and practitioners.
- Opportunities to serve as a volunteer in various capacities in relation to SIGSOFT activities.
- Participation in honoring distinguished individuals through the following awards:
- ACM SIGSOFT Outstanding Research Award.
- Distinguished Service Award.
- Influential Educator Award.
- Early Career Researcher Award (new).
- Impact Paper Awards.
- ICSE Most Influential Paper Award.
- Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Distinguished Paper Awards are also given to a small number of papers accepted at SIGSOFT-sponsored conferences.
- Professional development of software engineers through participation in the Computing Curriculum for Software Engineering Steering Committee.
- Software engineering history initiatives and resources, including several pages on the ACM History Wiki and representation on the ACM History Committee.
- Conference Attendance Program for Students (CAPS) which provides grants to students attending SIGSOFT-sponsored events.
- ACM SIGBED/SIGSOFT Frank Anger Memorial Student Travel Award given annually to student members to promote interdisciplinary research.
- The SIGSOFT Web site, www.sigsoft.org.
- The SEWORLD Mailing List.
- The SEN Web site, which includes additional SEN content such as books available for review as well as links to references in the Risks to the Public and Surfing the Web columns.
- SIGSOFT presence on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.