SIGWEB - ACM Special Interest Group on Hypertext, Hypermedia and Web
The ACM Special Interest Group on Hypertext, Hypermedia and Web supports the multi-disciplinary field of hypermedia and other network-based approaches to modeling knowledge, including the World Wide Web. SIGWEB conferences provide opportunities for the promotion, dissemination, and exchange of ideas concerning research and application among scientists, practitioners, and users, with an emphasis on the development of methodologies and standards and the promotion of consensus within the field.
SIGWEB benefits for FY 2019:
Member Benefits provided to SIGWEB Members:
- Ability to serve as an elected SIGWEB officer (and help determine the future of SIGWEB) -Access to ACM DL content of events sponsored by SIGWEB:
- ACM Hypertext and Social Media Conference (HT)
- ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng)
- ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL)
- ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM)
- ACM Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM)
- ACM Conference on Web Science (WebSci)
- ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP) -Free subscription to the SIGWEB members email list, with calls, advance and final event programs, and news of interest to the community posted regularly.
- Discounts on conferences, publications, and videos that are SIGWEB sponsored, co- sponsored, and co-operating events
- Reduced subscription rates to New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia
- SIGWEB members may apply to the SIG for special funding for local workshops and events. Funding is at the discretion of the SIGWEB board.
Community Benefits provided by SIGWEB:
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the ACM Hypertext Conference (HT), ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng), ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP), and ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM)
- Travel grants for senior members of the community attending select SIGWEB events
- Travel grants for students attending select SIGWEB events
- In-cooperation sponsorship and other support for several related conferences, symposia, and workshops
- Help for select conferences and events with sponsoring childcare support at conferences
- Maintenance of the sigweb.org Web site
- Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of the Douglas C. Engelbart Best Paper Award, Theodore H. Nelson Newcomer Award, Vannevar Bush Best Paper Award, and SIGWEB DocEng Best Paper Award