CHAPTER MEMBER NEWSLETTER
ACM Chapter Member News | October, 2015
Welcome to the October 2015 edition of ACM Chapter Member News.
Chapters are the "local neighborhoods" of ACM. Our Professional and Student chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest. With over 900 active chapters worldwide, we would like to take the time now to connect with all of you, and bring you a few of the ACM Highlights.
HEADLINES AT A GLANCE:
Chapters were required to submit 2015 Annual Reports by August 31, 2015. Thank you to all those chapters to who have done so. Any chapter who has neglected to fill out their report will be put on probation as of November 13, 2015. Chapters on probation who have neglected to fill out their report will be de-chartered on this day as well. If you would like to keep your chapter active, be sure to complete this Annual Report before November 13th.
To complete the report online, you must log in with a unique chapter web account. Please note, your chapter web account is entirely separate from your personal web account: http://www.acm.org/chapters/chapter-administrative-interface.
If you are unsure of your chapter web account or need to reset the password, please follow this link and click on ‘Forgot your username/password/client number?’: https://accounts.acm.org/signin.cfm
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACM-W is accepting applications for funding ($300 maximum award) that will support existing ACM-W Chapters that wish to hold joint events with schools that do not yet have ACM-W Chapters. The event can be held at any of the participant schools campuses. Our Networking Project on-line application can be located at http://women.acm.org/chapter. Read more about how to apply for the funding in the September issue of ACM-W Connections.
ACM would like to congratulate the winners of the "The Time is Write" contest, the first event of the UPES ACM-W Student Chapter, which accepted submissions from across India. Contestants were asked to write a short article about the role of women in the ‘Internet of Things.’ The top three winners are:
- 1st Place: Kayalvizhi Jayavel (SRM University)
- 2nd Place: Aditi Balaji (Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai)
- 3rd Place: Aditi Prakash (Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai)
The first place winner will be published in print in the winter issue of XRDS. All three winners entries will be published on XRDS blog and receive a prize. Thank you to all those who participated.
- AESICS ACM STUDENT CHAPTER - Ahmedabad, India (Student)
- Ahmedabad ACM Chapter - Ahmedabad, India (Professional)
- Amal Jyothi College of Engineering ACM Student Chapter- Kottayam, India (Student)
- Anuradha Engineering College ACM Student Chapter - CHIKHLI, India (Student)
- Assuit ACM Student Chapter - Assuit, Egypt (Student)
- BMCC-Programming ACM Student Chapter- New York, NY (Student)
- Boston College ACM Student Chapter - Chestnut Hill, MA (Student)
- BSAU ACM Student Chapter - CHENNAI, India (Student)
- Cairo ACM Chapter - Giza, Egypt (Professional)
- CCET ACM Student Chapter - Chandigarh, India (Student)
- CNSys ACM SIGOPS Chapter - Beijing, China (Professional)
- CSU Fullerton ACM-W Student Chapter - Fullerton, CA (Student)
- CSU San Bernardino ACM Student Chapter - Sanbernardino, CA (Student)
- Curry College ACM Student Chapter - Milton, MA (Student)
- EECS Systers ACM-W Student Chapter - West Point, NY (Student)
- Fitchburg State University ACM Student Chapter - Fitchburg, MA (Student)
- Florida Atlantic University ACM-W Student Chapter - Boca Raton, FL (Student)
- Gandhinagar ACM Chapter - Gandhinagar, India (Professional)
- Georgia Regents University ACM Student Chapter - Augusta, GA (Student)
- GHRCE ACM Student Chapter - Nagpur, India (Student)
- Harbin ACM Chapter - Harbin, China (Professional)
- High Point University ACM Student Chapter - High Point, NC (Student)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Puebla ACM Student Chapter - Puebla, Mexico (Student)
- Khartoum ACM Chapter - Khartoum, Sudan (Professional)
- LaGuardia Community College ACM Student Chapter - Long Island City, NY (Student)
- Loughborough University ACM SIGGRAPH Student Chapter - Loughborough, UK (Student)
- MESCOE ACM Student Chapter - Pune, India (Student)
- Miami Dade College ACM-W Student Chapter - Miami, FL (Student)
- Montana State University ACM-W Student Chapter - Bozeman, MT (Student)
- Randolph-Macon College ACM Student Chapter - Ashland, VA (Student)
- SAEC ACM Student Chapter - Chennai, India (Student)
- Salisbury University ACM Student Chapter - Salisbury, MD (Student)
- Southeastern Louisiana University ACM Student Chapter - Hammond, LA (Student)
- St. Peters Engineering College ACM Student Chapter - Hyderabad, India (Student)
- St. Thomas Aquinas College ACM Student Chapter - Sparkill, NY (Student)
- Sunny Hills HS ACM Student Chapter - Fullerton, CA (Student)
- SVIET ACM Student Chapter - Patiala, India (Student)
- TCE IT ACM Student Chapter - Madurai, India (Student)
- UAlbany ACM-W Student Chapter - Albany, NY (Student)
- UESTC ACM Student Chapter - Chengdu, China (Student)
- UET Taxila ACM Student Chapter - Taxila, Pakistan (Student)
- UK ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Newcastle, UK (Professional)
- UNC Asheville ACM Student Chapter - Asheville, NC (Student)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham ACM Student Chapter - Birmingham, AL (Student)
- University of Dhaka ACM Student Chapter - Dhaka, Bangladesh (Student)
- University of Gujrat ACM Student Chapter - Gujrat, Pakistan (Student)
- Yogyakarta ACM Chapter - Yogyakarta, Indonesia (Professional)
Chapter and Chapter Member Benefits
Be sure to take advantage of the benefits ACM Chapters and ACM Chapter Members receive.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals seek top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.