Chapter Member Newsletter
ACM Chapter Member News | June 2017
Welcome to the June 2017 edition of the ACM Chapter Member News
Chapters are the "local neighborhoods" of ACM. Our Professional and Student Chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest. With over 1000 active Chapters worldwide, we would like to take the time now to connect with all of you, and bring you a few ACM Highlights.
HEADLINES AT A GLANCE:
The 2017 Student Chapter Excellence Award Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016-2017 Student Chapter Excellence Awards! This program recognizes ACM student Chapters worldwide that display considerable initiative during the academic year. Chapters submit applications in five areas: Outstanding Chapter Activity, Outstanding Website, Outstanding Recruitment Program, Outstanding Community Service, and Outstanding School Service. We had over 135 submissions and would like to thank all the Chapters who participated. Winning Chapters in each of these five areas receive $500 and a "best of" icon to proudly display on their Chapter's web page.
The winners for 2016-2017 are:
- Outstanding Chapter Activities: UCLA ACM Student Chapter
- Outstanding Community Service: Snow College ACM-W Student Chapter
- Outstanding Website: UPES ACM Student Chapter
- Outstanding Recruitment Program: Ohio State University ACM-W Student Chapter
- Outstanding School Service: NUST ACM Student Chapter
Learn more about what's happening at these schools by reading their winning submissions, and how you can enter your school's Chapter in next year's competition, on the Student Chapter Excellence Awards website.
ACM Chapter Annual Reports Deadline: August 31, 2017
ACM's fiscal year is coming to a close, which means it is time to submit your ACM Annual Report. The report is for the fiscal year 2017 (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017) and is due by August 31, 2017.
To complete the report online, you must log in with your unique Chapter web account at https://www.acm.org/chapters/chapter-administrative-interface. Please note, your Chapter web account is entirely separate from your personal web account and should be accessible to all officers. If you are unsure of your Chapter web account or need to reset the password, please follow this link: https://accounts.acm.org/signin.cfm.
Please also take this time to update your chapter's contact information, including your membership list (under the Chapter Members tab) and officers (under the Chapter Officers tab). You can utilize our edit features to extend memberships, update email addresses, or cancel past members who are no longer part of your chapter. Keeping your membership list current and up to date is important. It ensures that all members receive the maximum benefits they are entitled to and are kept aware of all the latest ACM happenings and resources.
The graduating students of the ECE department at North South University in Dhaka Bangladesh participate in a Capstone Design Showcase as a part of their final year project. However, the students usually stop the development of these projects after the completion of the semester due to a lack of further guidance.
Therefore, the NSU ACM Student Chapter introduced the NSU Capstone Innovation Challenge which helped the students take their Capstone projects to the next level. The industry experts affiliated with the Challenge mentored the students in developing entrepreneurial skills and monetizing the projects.
To learn more about their work visit: http://www.thedailystar.net/shout/bulletin-board/bulletin-board-1399975
Congratulations NSU ACM Student Chapter and keep up the great work.
If your chapter would like to be featured in the chapter spotlight please email email@example.com with a description of your recent event.
- Belhaven University ACM Student Chapter(Student)
- Cankaya University ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Case Western Reserve University ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Clayton State University ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Colby College ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Computer Engineering and Embedded Systems ACM Chapter (Professional)
- DUET ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- GD Goenka University ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Hindustan University ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- IFPB ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Indiana University South Bend ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Tuxtepec ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- IU Gulshan Campus ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- KACST ACM SIGCHI Chapter (Professional)
- LBS Institute of Technology for Women ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- METU NCC ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Miami University ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- NSU ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- NYIT Old Westbury ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- PDPU ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- PIEMR ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- PIEMR ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Rajiv Gandhi Technical University ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Rajiv Gandhi Technical University ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Riyadh ACM SIGCHI Chapter (Professional)
- RMKEC ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- RVRJCCE ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- SAKEC ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- SCSU ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Seattle University ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Stevens Institute of Technology ACM-W Student Chapter (Student)
- Techno India Salt Lake ACM Student Chapter (Student)
- Universidad Francisco Marroquín ACM Student Chapter (Student)
Not an ACM Member yet? Whether you are a student or a professional, ACM has great benefits to offer you. Read all about ACM's many benefits and membership options.
Chapter and Chapter Member Benefits
Be sure to take advantage of the benefits ACM Chapters and ACM Chapter Members receive.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from O'Reilly, online courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.