Chapter Member Newsletter
ACM Chapter Member News | September 2018
Welcome to the September 2018 edition of the ACM Chapter Member News
Chapters are the "local neighborhoods" of ACM. Our Professional and Student chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest. With over 1100 active chapters worldwide, we would like to take the time now to connect with all of you, and bring you a few ACM Highlights.
HEADLINES AT A GLANCE:
ACM Chapter Annual Reports
Chapters were required to submit their 2018 Annual Reports by August 31st. Thank you to all those Chapters who have done so. Any active Chapter who has neglected to file this report is scheduled to be put on probation, while Chapters on probation are scheduled to be de-chartered on November 1, 2018. If you would like to keep your Chapter active, be sure to complete this Annual Report before November.
To complete the report online, you must log in with a unique Chapter web account through the Chapter Admin Interface. Please note, your Chapter web account is entirely separate from your personal web account.
If you are unsure of your Chapter web account or need to reset the password, please visit: https://accounts.acm.org/signin.cfm?r=1
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Portland State University ACM Student Chapter
The Portland State University ACM Student Chapter holds a gathering once a week for students to attend and ask questions. Whether they need help with CS classes, figuring out which classes to take and when, or wanting to know what git, arch, segfault mean they are happy to discuss. With these meetings they are hoping to build a community where no one is afraid to speak up and learn, no matter how new they are to the topic.
Kentucky University ACM-W Chapter
The Kentucky University ACM-W Chapter is collaborating with Breaking Ground, an organization tackling homelessness in New York. The chapter is working on creating an app that helps outreach teams collect data efficiently and effectively. You can read about their journey at UKNOW
IIIT Bangalore ACM Student Chapter
On September 2nd, 2018 the IIIT Bangalore ACM Student Chapter from Karnataka, India held a panel for students on tech and foreign internships. The panelists included individuals who landed internships with Google, Facebook, and FZI. They gave advise, answered questions as well as discussing their struggles and experiences
Congratulations to all these chapters on their wonderful work.
If your chapter would like to be featured in the chapter spotlight please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your recent event.
- Beijing ACM SIGIR Chapter - Beijing, China (Professional)
- Chandigarh University ACM Student Chapter - Mohali, India (Student)
- DIT University ACM Student Chapter - Dehradun, India (Student)
- Drexel University ACM SIGCHI Student Chapter - Philadelphia, PA (Student)
- DSCE ACM Student Chapter - Bengaluru, India (Student)
- Greek ACM-W Chapter - Heraklion, Greece (Professional)
- IET DAVV ACM Student Chapter - Indore, India (Student)
- IIIT Bangalore ACM Student Chapter - Bangalore, India (Student)
- INSAT ACM Student Chapter - Tunis Cedex, Tunisia (Student)
- ISTT ACM Student Chapter - Dhaka, Bangladesh (Student)
- KITS ACM Student Chapter - Guntur, China (Student)
- Lehman College ACM-W Student Chapter - Bronx, NY (Student)
- Lewis & Clark College ACM Student Chapter - Portland, OR (Student)
- Lewis & Clark College ACM-W Student Chapter - Portland, OR (Student)
- Malayan Colleges Laguna ACM Student Chapter - Cabuyao City, Philippines (Student)
- MITS ACM Student Chapter - Gwalior, India (Student)
- NCSU ACM-W Student Chapter - Raleigh, NC (Student)
- Nusantara ACM Chapter - Jakarta, Indonesia (Professional)
- PESU ACM-W Student Chapter - Bangalore, India (Student)
- Protea ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Cape Town, South Africa (Professional)
- PUA ACM Student Chapter - Alexandria, Egypt (Student)
- Reva University ACM Student Chapter - Bangalore, India (Student)
- SBPCOE Indapur ACM-W Student Chapter - Indapur, India (Student)
- SCSVMV ACM-W Student Chapter - Kanchipuram, India (Student)
- SITE ACM Student Chapter - Tadepalligudem, India (Student)
- Srishti Institute ACM SIGCHI Student Chapter - Bangalore, India (Student)
- SRM University AP ACM Student Chapter - Mangalagiri, India (Student)
- St. Peter's College of Engineering and Technology ACM Student Chapter - Chennai, India (Student)
- Sycamore ACM Student Chapter - Cincinnati, OH (Student)
- T.I.P. ACM Student Chapter - Quezon City, Philippines (Student)
- Tec de Monterrey en Tampico ACM Student Chapte - Altamira, Mexican (Student)
- Techno International Batanagar ACM Student Chapter - Kolkata, India (Student)
- Twin Cities ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Minneapolis, MN (Professional)
- UIPR-SGCS ACM Student Chapter - San German, PR (Student)
- University of Kansas ACM-W Student Chapter - Lawrence, KS (Student)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte ACM Student Chapter - Charlotte, NC (Student)
- VIGNAN's IIT ACM Student Chapter - Visakhapatnam, India (Student)
- Villavicencio ACM Chapter - Villavicencio, Colombia (Professional)
- VNRVJIET ACM Student Chapter - Hyderabad, India (Student)
Not an ACM Member yet? Whether you are a student or a professional, ACM has great benefits to offer you. Read all about ACM's many benefits and membership options.
Chapter and Chapter Member Benefits
Be sure to take advantage of the benefits ACM Chapters and ACM Chapter Members receive.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from O'Reilly, online courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.