Chapter Member Newsletter
ACM Chapter Member News | June 2019
Welcome to the June 2019 edition of the ACM Chapter Member News.
Chapters are the "local neighborhoods" of ACM. Our professional and student chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest. With over 1000 active chapters worldwide, we would like to take the time now to connect with all of you, and bring you a few ACM Highlights.
HEADLINES AT A GLANCE:
2019 Annual Reports
ACM's fiscal year is coming to a close which means it is time to submit your ACM Annual Report. The report is for the fiscal year 2019 (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019) and should be submitted by August 31, 2019.
To complete the report online, you must log in with your unique chapter web account. Please note, your chapter web account is entirely separate from your personal web account and should be accessible to all officers: http://www.acm.org/chapters/chapters/interface
If you are unsure of your chapter web account or need to reset the password, please use the following link: https://www.acm.org/chapters/web-account-links
Also, please take this time to update your chapter's contact information including your membership list (under the Chapter Members tab) and officers (under the Chapter Officers tab.) You can utilize our edit features to extend memberships, updates email addresses, or cancel past members who are no longer part of your chapter. Keeping your membership list current and up to date is important. It ensures that all members receive the maximum benefits they are entitled to and are kept aware of all the latest ACM happenings and resources.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
Upsilon Pi Epsilon Student Chapter Scholarship Award: Deadline July 1, 2019
In the search for excellence and professional commitment to the computing and information technology fields, The Executive Council of Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE) and the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) announce the UPE ACM Student Chapter Scholarship Award. Up to FOUR students will be chosen; each will receive $1,000.
Who is Eligible?
All graduate and undergraduate students who are ACM members and members of the ACM Student Chapter at their academic institution. Applicants will be judged primarily on their academic records, the tone of the faculty members recommendation, and the applicants ACM Chapter and/or department-related activities.
To learn more, please visit: http://upe.acm.org/scholarship.html
If you have any questions, please contact UPE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the winners of the 2018-2019 Student Chapter Excellence Awards! This program recognizes ACM student chapters worldwide that display considerable initiative during the academic year. Chapters submit applications in five areas: Outstanding Chapter Activity, Outstanding Website, Outstanding Recruitment Program, Outstanding Community Service, and Outstanding School Service. Winning chapters in each of these five areas receive $500 and a "best of" icon to proudly display on their chapter's web page. The winners for 2018-2019 are:
- Outstanding Chapter Activities: Florida International University ACM Student Chapter and University of Pennsylvania SIGGRAPH Student Chapter
- Outstanding Website: Manipal University Jaipur ACM Student Chapter
- Outstanding Recruitment Program: NUCES KHI ACM Student Chapter
- Outstanding Community Service: College of William & Mary ACM-W Student Chapter
- Outstanding School Service: New Jersey Institute of Technology ACM Student Chapter
Learn more about what's happening at these schools by reading their winning submissions, and how you can enter your school's chapter in next year's competition, on the Student Chapter Excellence Awards Website.
If your chapter would like to be featured in the chapter spotlight, please email email@example.com with a description of your recent event.
- AEC ACM Student Chapter - Guwahati, India (Student)
- American University of Nigeria ACM Student Chapter - Yola, Nigeria (Student)
- Bellarmine University ACM Student Chapter - Louisville, KY, USA (Student)
- Bilkent University ACM SIGGRAPH Student Chapter - Ankara, Turkey (Student)
- BITS Pilani - Dubai ACM-W Student Chapter - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Student)
- Bled ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Koper, Slovenia (Professional)
- Cafeteros ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Cali, Colombia (Professional)
- DIT University ACM-W Student Chapter - DEHRADUN, India (Student)
- FUTA ACM-W Student Chapter - Akure, Nigeria (Student)
- George Mason University ACM Student Chapter - Fairfax, VA, USA (Student)
- Hong Kong ACM SIGAPP Chapter - Kowloon, Hong Kong (Professional)
- ICET ACM Student Chapter - Muvattupuzha, India (Student)
- IIIT Delhi ACM Student Chapter - New Delhi, India (Student)
- IISc ACM Student Chapter - Bengaluru, India (Student)
- IMOBILE ACM Chapter - Bangalore, India (Professional)
- Islamabad ACM Chapter - Topi, Pakistan, (Professional)
- Lahore ACM Chapter - Lahore, Pakistan (Professional)
- LDCE ACM Student Chapter - Ahmedabad, India (Student)
- Manila ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Manila, Philippines (Professional)
- Marquette University ACM-W Student Chapter - Milwaukee, WI, USA (Student)
- Michigan Tech University ACM-W Student Chapter - Houghton, MI, USA (Student)
- Montgomery College ACM Student Chapter - Rockville, MD, USA (Student)
- NID Bangalore ACM SIGCHI Student Chapter - Bangalore, India (Student)
- NIT Delhi ACM Student Chapter - Delhi, India (Student)
- Poornima College of Engg ACM-W Student Chapter - Jaipur, India (Student)
- R.M.D Engineering College ACM Student Chapter - TIRUVALLUR DISTRICT, India (Student)
- Rio de Janeiro ACM Chapter - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Professional)
- Rutgers ACM SIGHPC Student Chapter - Piscataway, NJ, USA (Student)
- Sabanci University ACM Student Chapter - Istanbul, Turkey (Student)
- St. Vincent Pallotti CE ACM Student Chapter - Nagpur, India (Student)
- SVP4U Public Benefit Corporation ACM Chapter - Miami, FL, USA (Professional)
- SZABIST Hyderabad ACM Student Chapter - Hyderabad, Pakistan (Student)
- UACH ACM Student Chapter - Chihuahua, Mexico (Student)
- UBC Okanagan ACM-W Student Chapter - Kelowna, BC, Canada (Student)
- UC San Diego ACM Student Chapter - San Diego, CA, USA (Student)
- University of Toledo UPRC ACM Student Chapter - North Ridgeville, OH, USA (Student)
- UOG ACM Student Chapter - Gujrat, Pakistan (Student)
- Wentworth ACM SIGMIS Student Chapter - Boston, MA,USA (Student)
- Western Australia ACM SIGCHI Chapter - West Perth, WN, Australia (Professional)
- Westlake University ACM Student Chapter - Hangzhou, China (Student)
- Yerevan ACM SIGCHI Chapter - Yerevan, Armenia (Professional)
- Yola ACM Chapter - Yola, Nigeria (Professional)
Not an ACM Member yet? Whether you are a student or a professional, ACM has great benefits to offer you. Read all about ACM's many benefits and membership options.
Chapter and Chapter Member Benefits
Be sure to take advantage of the benefits ACM Chapters and ACM Chapter Members receive.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.