Insurance for Chapter Events
Some venues require ACM chapters to provide a certificate of insurance before hosting an event. In order to issue a certificate of insurance, we need the following information:
1. Date of Event
2. Name of Event
3. Name and address of company who will be the certificate holder
4. Service the certificate holder will be providing the conference
5. Location of event, including address
6. Type of event
7. Projected number of participants
8. Number of volunteers
9. Will alcohol be available? If yes, who will provide
10. Contact info to email certificate (name, fax, email)
Please submit this information to Local Activities Coordinator, at least two weeks in advance of the event.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from O'Reilly, online courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.