Insurance for Chapter Events
Some venues require ACM chapters to provide a certificate of insurance before hosting an event. In order to issue a certificate of insurance, we need the following information:
1. Date of Event
2. Name of Event
3. Name and address of company who will be the certificate holder
4. Service the certificate holder will be providing the conference
5. Location of event, including address
6. Type of event
7. Projected number of participants
8. Number of volunteers
9. Will alcohol be available? If yes, who will provide
10. Contact info to email certificate (name, fax, email)
Please submit this information to Local Activities Coordinator, at least two weeks in advance of the event.
ACM is a volunteer-led and member-driven organization. Everything ACM accomplishes is through the efforts of people like you. A wide range of activities keep ACM moving, including organizing conferences, editing journals, reviewing papers and participating on boards and committees, to name just a few. Find out all the ways that you can volunteer with ACM.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.