Professional Chapter Resources and Benefits
The following benefits are available to all types of ACM Professional Chapters; they include:
- Administrative Interface - allowing you to manage your chapter’s member roster, update your chapter’s contact information, and much more!
- Chapter Web Tools – ACM offers chapters the following web tools: website hosting, wikis and blogs. For more information please go to: http://www.acm.org/chapters/chapter-web-tools
- Local Activities Calendar – You can let chapter members, ACM members, and other computing professionals, know about your upcoming events: https://www.acm.org/chapters/local-activities. Chapters can submit chapter events through the Chapter Administrative Interface at https://campus.acm.org/chapter_admin. Simply login with your Chapter Web Account and choose ‘Add’ in the ‘Chapter Events/Local Activities Calendar’ box.
- Chapter Member Locator- If a group of chapter organizers do not have enough members (10 in total are needed), ACM will send a message to a selected group of ACM members that might be interested in helping to start the chapter. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this service.
- ACM Distinguished Speakers Program – The ACM Distinguished Speaker Program is one of the premier technology outreach programs in the computing industry. The ACM DSP has over 250 lectures from nearly 100 different speakers! For more information, please visit: http://www.dsp.acm.org/
- Promotional Materials ACM can provide chapters with materials for chapter events: http://campus.acm.org/public/profqj/promotional_materials.cfm
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.