Professional Chapter Resources and Benefits
The following benefits are available to all types of ACM Professional Chapters; they include:
- Administrative Interface - allowing you to manage your chapter’s member roster, update your chapter’s contact information, and much more!
- Chapter Web Tools – ACM offers chapters the following web tools: website hosting, wikis and blogs. For more information please go to: http://www.acm.org/chapters/chapter-web-tools
- Local Activities Calendar – You can let chapter members, ACM members, and other computing professionals, know about your upcoming events: http://campus.acm.org/public/chapters_conf_cal/index.cfm
- Chapter Member Locator- If a group of chapter organizers do not have enough members (10 in total are needed), ACM will send a message to a selected group of ACM members that might be interested in helping to start the chapter. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this service.
- ACM Distinguished Speakers Program – The ACM Distinguished Speaker Program is one of the premier technology outreach programs in the computing industry. The ACM DSP has over 250 lectures from nearly 100 different speakers! For more information, please visit: http://www.dsp.acm.org/
- Promotional Materials ACM can provide chapters with materials for chapter events: http://campus.acm.org/public/profqj/promotional_materials.cfm
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from Safari, online courses from Skillsoft, webinars on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.