Rules & Regulations
Rules for the Ambassadors for ACM program:
- The program is open to active ACM Professional and Student members in good standing. Employees of ACM and members of their immediate families and households are not eligible. ACM Chapter-only and SIG-only members are not eligible to participate as referrers in this campaign.
- To receive credit for each new member, the recruiter's name and ACM Member Number must be completed on the online referral form or .pdf application.
- A new member is officially credited to the recruiter when the candidate is accepted for membership and dues have been received. Each recruiter will then receive an Ambassador for ACM Certificate of Recognition for his or her first candidate to join ACM.
- All applications and membership dues must be received by June 30 to be counted towards the Ambassadors for ACM program.
- For the first new member who joins, and then every other new member thereafter (i.e. 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th) the recruiter is eligible to receive a special free gift. For every 10 members recruited by any one member, a bonus gift is available.
- Two recruiters are eligible to receive Grand Prizes. A minimum of 40 points is required for Grand Prize eligibility. Points are accumulated as follows: 2 points for each new professional member, and 1 point for each new student member. The first Grand Prize winner is the recruiter with the most referred candidates who joined ACM. The second Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from a pool of each month's top recruiters (excluding the recruiter already selected for the first Grand Prize). Top monthly recruiters are eligible only once during the Ambassadors Program year for inclusion in the pool.
- In the event that a candidate joins who has been referred by more than one recruiter, prize eligibility will be assigned only once to the recruiter associated with the specific path used by the candidate to join.
- Contest rules and gifts are subject to change without notice. By entering the Ambassadors for ACM program, members agree that ACM's decisions are final and not open to challenge.
- All US and Non-US international, national, federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. ACM reserves the right to change or substitute the gifts offered, including ACM Membership renewal(s) or ACM services in lieu of merchandise if deemed necessary by ACM. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted, except by ACM, which reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ACM to use winner's name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless ACM, its affiliates, directors, officers, prize suppliers, employees and agents, from any injuries, loss, damage or liability of any kind arising from or in connection with this program or acceptance or use of any prize won.
- If a winner cannot accept a prize within 90 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited.
Get Involved with ACM
ACM is a volunteer-led and member-driven organization. Everything ACM accomplishes is through the efforts of people like you. A wide range of activities keeps ACM moving: organizing conferences, editing journals, reviewing papers and participating on boards and committees, to name a few. Find out all the ways that you can volunteer with ACM.