Open Access APC Waivers and Discounts
ACM offers Article Processing Charge (APC) waivers and discounts for corresponding authors in several specific categories, as follows:
- Authors based in low income countries, as identified in the World Bank List of Economies: 100% waiver
- Authors based in lower middle income countries, as identified in the World Bank List of Economies: 50% discount off applicable APCs
- Authors from countries covered by ACM’s agreements with EIFL and Research4Life: 100% waiver
Authors not covered by these waivers and discounts may apply for a discretionary waiver from ACM, based on financial need. The criteria used to evaluate such applications include:
- The corresponding author’s institutional affiliation
- The author’s departmental affiliation
- The author’s available research funding, its source, and whether it is applicable to APCs
- The funder's OA publication policies
- Other financial considerations
To request a discretionary Open Access APC waiver, please write to [email protected].
Waivers and discounts are not available for ACM's Hybrid Open Access publications.
This policy statement is consistent with the Research4Life Best Practices for APC Waivers.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books and courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.