How to Minimize Production Time
- Communicate to SIG Staff Liaison your schedule for sending the newsletter to headquarters.
- Check that ACM Conference/Symposia that are announced have been approved by the SIG Governing Board or are marked as "approval pending."
- Ensure that the editorial content is accurate and complete.
- Exclude all advertisements in the SIG newsletters that are not paid advertisements. See Section IV. Advertising Procedures and Policies.
- Provide copy for covers and spine.
- Send electronic material and submission cover sheet filled out in detail to the appropriate SIG Staff Liaison at headquarters. The more details you attend to, the less time it will take headquarters to process and prepare your newsletter for final production. See "Production Pointers" to follow.
The following can delay production:
poor quality copy
pages that require typesetting
oversized image areas, requiring reduction to print
missing footlines and running heads
incorrect volume and/or issue number
SIG Editors Manual
Updated November 1993
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books from O'Reilly, online courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
Why I Belong to ACM
Hear from Bryan Cantrill, vice president of engineering at Joyent, Ben Fried chief information officer at Google, and Theo Schlossnagle, OmniTI founder on why they are members of ACM.