It's easy to refer a friend or colleague. Here are a few pointers to help you:
- Be familiar with the many benefits of an ACM Membership: the ACM Digital Library; ACM's free online courses and books; our award-winning publications and popular email news digests; and more! Visit the Member Benefits section for additional member benefit details. If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask. Our Member Services Department is here to help and can be reached via any of the following methods:
Phone: 1-800-342-6626 (US and Canada)
Office Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, US Eastern Time
- Show your enthusiasm for the organization—tell your referral about the things that have benefited you the most from ACM.
- Provide new recruits with the ACM website address (www.acm.org) so that they can visit at their convenience.
- Hand out the Ambassadors for ACM Professional and Student PDF applications personally to those you'd like to refer.
- Find the right candidates to recruit—from friends to co-workers, employees, former employees, and fellow students—ACM membership will benefit everyone with a passion for IT and computing.
- Follow up with your referrals to see if they have joined ACM. Talk to them about the organization, and encourage them to take advantage of the special offer.
- Send a thank-you note or email thanking them for considering ACM membership.
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.
ACM's prestigious conferences and journals are seeking top-quality papers in all areas of computing and IT. It is now easier than ever to find the most appropriate venue for your research and publish with ACM.